Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
English TV
I
23 November 2006 12:22
Hi,

does anybody know how to get TV channels in English in Europe? I’d like to receive channels from the USA, the UK or Australia but I don’t know how !…satellite receiver didn’t help because most of British channels are encrypted …what about digital TV? Does anybody have information about it?….

thanks
I
23 November 2006 17:12
just to up date....

thanks for the infos in advance.....
c
23 November 2006 17:39
Ilhem2, I'd love to help but I live in Belgium, I don't even have a satdish (don't need to), we have most european or english-speaking channels on cable, including the BBCs, BBCWorld, CNN, MSNBC and our beloved TVM if you feel like sleepingsmiling smiley. All flemish channels show everything in O.V and subtitled.

The rest I get from the Net, like Jon Stewart on Comedy Central or 2M when I'm thirsty for darijasmiling smiley
I
23 November 2006 17:49
chelhman
Ilhem2, I'd love to help but I live in Belgium, I don't even have a satdish (don't need to), we have most european or english-speaking channels on cable, including the BBCs, BBCWorld, CNN, MSNBC and our beloved TVM if you feel like sleepingsmiling smiley. All flemish channels show everything in O.V and subtitled.

The rest I get from the Net, like Jon Stewart on Comedy Central or 2M when I'm thirsty for darijasmiling smiley

Chelhman,

thank you for your answer.....I've got a couple of news channels....I'm looking for entertaining, discovery, or movie channels......the flamish channels with O.V is not bad idea...I'll see if I can get one of them....
a
23 November 2006 23:05
we use the cable over here, but I watch some online tv on the net..
here a link of tv portal.. some of them are working some not, may be u are lucky with the one u are looking for..
[wwitv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2006 11:23 by aziz_dk.
Aziz_dk
j
24 November 2006 17:04
why you need English channels dear, for what is this high preocupation for them? . you have enough with other channels : french and belgium . The english people and their channels are widely hated in our world so keep away from this rubbish.
c
24 November 2006 18:52
jebli authentique, some people called that "the right to choose" or just a question of taste...
I
25 November 2006 16:43
Hi all,

aziz_dk
we use the cable over here, but I watch some online tv on the net..
here a link of tv portal.. some of them are working some not, may be u are lucky with the one u are looking for..
[wwitv.com]

aziz_dk ,

indead a lot of them don't work....but thank you for your help....
I
25 November 2006 16:44
chelhman
jebli authentique, some people called that "the right to choose" or just a question of taste...

chelhman,

thanx for your response....I couldn't say better....
x
25 November 2006 17:54
Ilhem,

Don't know where you are living ? In france many cable providers are offering hundreds of English speaking channels as part of their packages.

Even the ones selling Internet access oftenly have some ?

Cable is the best option as you can tick as much as you want from proosed lists.
I
28 November 2006 17:50
Hi all,

xylophene
Ilhem,

Don't know where you are living ? In france many cable providers are offering hundreds of English speaking channels as part of their packages.

Even the ones selling Internet access oftenly have some ?

Cable is the best option as you can tick as much as you want from proosed lists.

xylophene,

thanx for your response .....unfortuntly I don't live in France so it's really hard to get English TV except some news channels...never mind I'll keep traying....
m
30 November 2006 10:56
Hi Ilhem2,

I personally have this free internet TV that I downloaded for 30 euros. It has hundreds of channels from all around the world, including aljazira and hundreds of channels from the UK and the USA.

[www.holersoft.net]

Good luck,

Salam
I
30 November 2006 12:52
Hi everyone

mawja
Hi Ilhem2,

I personally have this free internet TV that I downloaded for 30 euros. It has hundreds of channels from all around the world, including aljazira and hundreds of channels from the UK and the USA.

[www.holersoft.net]

Good luck,

Salam

mawja,

thanks a lot for your aswer,,,,I had a look and it seems to be interesting...just one more question:

30 euros you've payed are they per month....year or one-time fee?....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2006 01:07 by Ilhem2.
m
30 November 2006 15:49
Hi Ilhem2,

Glad to hear that it's maybe what ur looking for. I paid just once, and I did not have any problem till right now.

Have a nice day,

Salam.
e
5 December 2006 09:00
tvuplayer is the answer ..u can get a lot of american channels such as espn..cnn..abc..comedycentral on your computer and its all for free...
hope that helped..
I
5 December 2006 15:26
Hi,

thanx mawja and equiaxial for your help...I'll check tvuplayer...see if could get it.....

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook