Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Our eating habits may kill us
s
20 August 2006 23:25
Hi everybody,
In our meals desset holds an important place. The majority of Moroccan meals end with a big dish of fruits. Personnally speaking, I couldn't think of a meal without fruit at the end, however, according to an article in Macrobiotic newspaper-worth sharing with you-(ed;June-July), eating fruits after meals equals suicide.
You may wonder how can fresh food be dangerous for our health.
Dr Medhat ALChami, a nutritionist,claims "that eating fruit at the end of the principal meal is similar to taking a potion of poison because it destroys Petyaline enzyme-an enzyme essential to finalizing the degestion of starchy food. More than that, when fruit and meat melt in the stomache, they ferment and they alcoholize, and then impede the digestion process. Not to mention that fruit loose all the vitamines they contain and by thus doing, the assimilation process of proteines is disturbed. What makes matters worse is that the abnormal decomposition of proteines causes the swelling of the stomache"
Dr ALCami recommands everybody to eat fruits either 1 hour before the meal, because it facilitates digestion, or 3 hours after it.
So let's take the utmost benefit from our food and not spoil it.
Regards
c
20 August 2006 23:41
That explains why I feel bloated everytime I eat when I'm back home. I actually force myself to eat fruits at the end thinking I was balancing my meal with all the fat usually served in our gastronomy. Live and learn...thanks Sushita.
l
21 August 2006 00:51
35 millions of moroccan eats this way

a billion of people eat this way too

but they are always alive and billions have lived long enough
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
m
21 August 2006 09:20
Some say:
What does not kill you makes you strong.

The question is the kinetics.
How fast or how slow.....then you see the difference.
Many thanks shushita for the info
Y
21 August 2006 18:06
Interesting and Informative, thanks.
In Morocco it is a tradition to have Dessert as Mainly Fruits!
Here, the idea of eating sweets after meals is recommended!
Metabolism is a factor but, no matter how high it is, it slows down with age; especially in the absence of regular exercise!
Thanks
s
1 September 2006 21:21
hi;
first i want to say sorry for being late.
there are a lot of things that we think are part of our tradition; but i asked some old people and said that our grand grand fathers used to eat fruit 3 ours after lunch; at about 5 o'clock pm. so traditions have nothing to do here; we have changed them because of the speed of our life.
s
1 September 2006 21:42
hi
i used to say the same things like you do; krim and l9bi7. things like; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and how did our parents grew up. but it prouved to be wrong; have you noticed that more and more people die of cancer these days?
the problem is that we consume canned food more and more because it's easier to prepare; we eat many things at the same time and we don't give enough time for our body to digest them. our stomache produces enzimes to digest food and produces a different kind of them to digest fruit . unfortunately; we don't help it do that properly. We force it to produce the two types of enzimes at the same time. in other words we drive it mad and we are the loosers. imagine that you have so many things to do and you are short of time, will you do them correctly? how would you feel? so let's give our stomache one difficulty at a time and take care of our body.
l
3 September 2006 05:22
i dont think it is "wrong" it is just theories , what to say about french that say a cup of wine (understand sugar too) after each meal is very helpful for digestion. ??!
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
d
17 February 2013 15:00
that is why in many verses in the Quran,Allah makes fruit at the beginning and belate meat.subhana lah

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook