Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
am desperate
l
2 July 2008 14:10
salam is there any moroccans living in wakefield, please i really feel alone in this small and quiet city am newly married to a british man but i miss morocco and miss have a discussion with moroccan, do not think am trying to cheat on my husband, never so please if there is any one there so that we can be friends.
salam
M
2 July 2008 14:47
Hi ladyamal! welcome to the forum. Congrats on your marriage to start with and hope you'll enjoy your new life in this wonderful country smiling smiley

I know how it feels to come to a new country, settle in a tiny place and not know anyone! been through it all before...but things will change eventually. As a first step, i'd advise you to stop missing Morocco too much!! by that, i don't mean put to your heart in a freezer or stop missing your family, friends etc. that will never stop unfortunately and nostalgia will kick in from time to time. But if you want to start over your life here, you have to stop making comparisons with what you had in Morocco and start taking some serious interest in life in the UK. Ditch the satellite for a while and watch some English programs. Read newspapers, take a look at what's going on in every aspect of the british society. Go out, on your own to do shopping, speak the language with the locals, register with your local library, chat up your neighbors (if they are friendly!), introduce yourself and invite them over for a coffee. Don't look constantly for Moroccans, you don't really need them. Don't get me wrong here, i am always happy when i come across a fellow compatriot but i don't like the ghetto mentality that some communities adopt. It is very isolating and gives a negative impression and you'll end up marginalised by the society. How else would you integrate?

If you feel the need to talk to moroccans, stick to this forum. We are not many but everybody here is lovely and helpful and will welcome you with open arms.

I hope things will brighten up for you soon!
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
S
2 July 2008 14:59
Salam everyone,

You are experiencing new things and tou feel lonely and kind of nostalgic.
Try to stay away from your native country for a while and see what this new experience can bring to you. I mean stand back from things and think of what you can do around. I am sure there are lots of social activities...

Anyway, if you feel like chatting on this forum, you are welcome!

Take care,
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
a
2 July 2008 15:30
Ladyamal

Welcome & congrats on your marriage i thinks the ladies said it all so feel free to chat in this Forums as our princess said everybody here is cool & will make you feel welcome .

Its normal to feel nostagic & this feeling will be there may be on the back of your mind but still there , lets enjoy what Uk had to bring + & -
H
2 July 2008 15:38
Welcome Ladyamal to the forum and allah i3awnek...

Hi Atlas, I see you are calling Minnie Princess too eye rolling smiley..
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
a
2 July 2008 16:19
Hi Hicham yes mate Minnie is our Princess & she can cook too thumbs up
a
2 July 2008 16:24
Ok we are all home sick.crying(
We I go back home I do miss this life too. Over the weekend I have seen a programe "the other face" on 2M and seen people dying in emergencies A+E that alone put me off. Hope we will be able to meet Yabi members in London this summer.

the best friend I gained here in the UK, is myself firstFootball

Regards
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
M
2 July 2008 17:28
lol! you guys are sweet!! thank you smiling smiley and as adds said, we should plan a meeting this summer, either here or in Morocco! by the way, are you guys going home this summer? i am off next week!
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
a
2 July 2008 18:25
Minnie lucky you , i'am not sure when i will be going but if you guys wanted to we could meet in London
H
3 July 2008 11:28
Sounds great, a gathering in london, but don't forget to send me an invitation i'm thinking of LahriG, and we coulf write a book about the "operation" Football
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
a
3 July 2008 11:34
I have book provisionally time off work 12-26 Jul but not the flight yet as I would like to go directly to Casa instead off Marrakech there is a wedding up in the Middle Atlas Mountains for two nights then perhaps the rest in Casa/ Mohamadia/ 2konitra sea front all depending on the flight. Normally I would prefer to go there at the end of August/ September time better hotels prices, less tourists and definitely less traffic on the roads all around the country. May be I will still go again later on.
l
3 July 2008 13:17
definetly september is the best time to be in morocco its more fresh air less trafic and less people all arround.
bon voyage
a
3 July 2008 14:11
September this year is Ramadan
a
3 July 2008 14:20
atlasmagic
Minnie lucky you , i'am not sure when i will be going but if you guys wanted to we could meet in London

Go for it Hicham come & keep me company ,it looks like i will be alone here ! i do have a wedding inviation but no ticket yet SOS
a
3 July 2008 16:06
Ramadan in Morocco is something else with the zowaka and nafar, if one is with relatives around the table at the fotour time with tarab al Andalusia at the back ground is just a dream. The only down side is that everyone is amramdan they have very short fuses during the period it is very expensive too as it is going to see the family not alone going during the festival.
I will try to save up a bit and go for 3eed al fiter to give away my zakat. last year I gave it at the start of Ramadan which I think can help better.
a
3 July 2008 16:56
adds

Yes its cool in Ramadan but during the day is hell & i whould only be able to take the last day or 2 & of course al 3eed is a sweet think to do there
L
3 July 2008 17:03
ladyamal
salam is there any moroccans living in wakefield, please i really feel alone in this small and quiet city am newly married to a british man but i miss morocco and miss have a discussion with moroccan, do not think am trying to cheat on my husband, never so please if there is any one there so that we can be friends.
salam

Are you talking about Wakefield in England near Leeds area?!!! I used to live in Leeds about 3 years ago... but now i'm back France... I agree that it's hard to live there cause there are no moroccan at all... i remember that i met a few algerian people in Leeds they had a restaurant in Headingley...
but British people are very nice too... it's just a question of time maybe you're still not use tthe british way of life...
H
3 July 2008 17:22
atlasmagic
atlasmagic

Go for it Hicham come & keep me company ,it looks like i will be alone here ! i do have a wedding inviation but no ticket yet SOS

atlas, i can no longer miss the sun, it was 49° few days ago in Marrakech and believe me i was happy, i still need more sun after all the years spent in the cold
3 July 2008 18:15
I'll be in Moroocco too this september...I am so exited to have my first ramadan back home since I came to US. I can't wait.Clap
l
4 July 2008 15:50
yes definetly its wakefield city most foreigners here are indiens, pakistani, polish, i havent seen or met any arabs yet in this city.
you`ve been in leeds for long?
L
4 July 2008 19:10
ladyamal
yes definetly its wakefield city most foreigners here are indiens, pakistani, polish, i havent seen or met any arabs yet in this city.
you`ve been in leeds for long?

i stayed in Leeds almost a year (about 10 months)... at the begining it was really hard i really felt home seek i was living with pakistani people and most of my friends were polish british or french none of them moroccan it s hard sometimes but at least i had friends and as we say "lahouma la3mech wala le3ma !!!"

keep up and don't get depressed if you like to send me Mp do not hesitate..

winking smiley
a
4 July 2008 19:29
Just to say I have booked my flight with RAM for next Friday. the tickets are going fast and the prices are not too bad £260.60 return to Marrakech very good time too. I will stay inshallah one night before moving on to the cost for a week then to the Atals mountain for a few days and back to the cost. Thats the plan it will change ten times before I ll go there.
Who is coming guys?Welcome
Regards
a
8 July 2008 18:51
I will be in sheffield Sunday night (13/07) if any one is available we could have a meet

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook