Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
chanson anti-terroriste de Waseem Mahmoud
n
14 juillet 2007 14:38
Voici le lien
[www.youtube.com]

The song was the brainchild of Waseem Mahmood whose children asked him to do something about the rising radicalization of Islam -something they as young Muslims did not feel that represented the religion that they were brought up to believe in. They wanted to get a message to young Pakistanis like themselves that all that was happening around them in the name of Islam was not them - thus the song was born. Assembling the star cast and trying to arrange everybody’s diaries for the recordings and the video proved to be a challenging endeavour.

The song was recorded during a three month period from November 2006 to January 2007 at Sound of Speed studios in Karachi.

The video was shot on HD by Khurrum Mahmood, Waseem Mahmood’s elder son and edited by his younger son, Khaiyyam both of whom are attending film school in UK. The studio footage was shot by award winning DOP, Imran Ali. The graphics and animations were designed by Rashid Saeed, Aamir Khan and Aamir Yousuf.

Waseem, veteran award winning director who has worked with some of the biggest names names in the industry, describes the video as “consciously simple” emulating similar videos made in the West like “We are the World” and “Band Aid” where the message is more important than making a glamorous, all sing - all dancing production. “For me the glamour of the video was in assembling the biggest star cast ever seen in Pakistan in one single shot, something that had never been achieved before. Mahsallah, the response to the video has been amazing - I have been inundated with messages of support and congratulations from young Pakistanis around the world who have thanked me for standing up and giving voice to their sentiments. The response from the international music industry has been equally humbling - major stars, many of whom I have idolized myself have contacted me to say how much they loved the song and video and would like to collaborate with us on an English version… I guess that we must have done something right!”
a
14 juillet 2007 17:52
Très beau clip et très belle chanson !! Merci nouriya13 smiling smiley

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook