Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Islam Radio Forum News
Changing one's name
M
11 June 2016 22:11
Dear all,

I'm planning to change my name and having done some research on the Internet I found that if I choose to change my name it can only be changed to a Muslim name. Now my question is; I'm not a Muslim, do I still have to abide by this law?
Thank you for taking the time help me out.
a
11 June 2016 22:37
Is it joke ?
I mean I do not understand why you would have to change your name to a muslim one if you don't want to.
Where do you live ?
11 June 2016 22:46
Why change your name?
Guard your name, you need not do that.
I
11 June 2016 22:53
L'anglais qui prend des coups de baton ptdr
11 June 2016 23:00
ptdr ptdr
Infirmiere93
K
11 June 2016 23:10
"...it can only be changed to a Muslim name"

Where have you read this? Changement methods depend on the country where you live.

For my own part, I like your name.

Sorry for my aproximate english.
Mohcine Bouhya
Dear all,

I'm planning to change my name and having done some research on the Internet I found that if I choose to change my name it can only be changed to a Muslim name. Now my question is; I'm not a Muslim, do I still have to abide by this law?
Thank you for taking the time help me out.
12 June 2016 00:37
Well ..I've never heard someone being compelled to change his name to a muslim one. If you want to change it,by all means do it. If you live in Europe I don't think you are forced to change it to another one you don't like.
Instead of searching on the Internet go to the municipal officies they might be a better help.
Take care.
M
13 June 2016 11:01
I'm currently in Morocco, sale. But soon will be moving to dubai
athenaa
Is it joke ?
I mean I do not understand why you would have to change your name to a muslim one if you don't want to.
Where do you live ?
M
13 June 2016 11:03
You needn't be disrespectful.
Infirmiere93
M
13 June 2016 11:11
I was in Dubai when I decided to change my name and I thought it would be complicated to try and change my name there. But now that I'm back in Morocco for the next couple of months I thought it would be an easy process but I was disappointed.
I
13 June 2016 15:14
Lmao i'm just jocking around Grinning smiley relax bro
Mohcine Bouhya
You needn't be disrespectful.
15 June 2016 14:19
I don't know Why you want to change the name, my view is to keep it bro cuz it's ''YOU'' if you know what i mean ... even if you change it , it will be stuck with you for exemple : if you are hunging out and suddenly someone said ''MOHCINE!!" i'm Pretty sure you'll turn back to see who is calling ''YOU'' !! LOL ptdr
anyway i'm just saying
Big up Bro Welcome
M
16 June 2016 15:17
Hahahaha yeah that's probably true.
Moussa.22
I don't know Why you want to change the name, my view is to keep it bro cuz it's ''YOU'' if you know what i mean ... even if you change it , it will be stuck with you for exemple : if you are hunging out and suddenly someone said ''MOHCINE!!" i'm Pretty sure you'll turn back to see who is calling ''YOU'' !! LOL ptdr
anyway i'm just saying
Big up Bro Welcome

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook