Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Changing names in Morocco
a
8 September 2010 00:11
Why is it so difficult to change one's name and surname back home? Why there is so much singing and dancing over it? Has anyone managed that or aren’t you bothered about it?
I had several meetings with solicitors to Minister of foreign affairs; the reply is more or less identical it has to be an Arab name. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! Why Arab why not Berber? French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese are all invaders of Morocco too.
In the UK one can change the name and Surname easily even if you were born elsewhere no questions asked unless one is trying to take someone’s identity like “George Bush” but can be called Mohamed Bush, George Ben kh7adour Bourasse.
Any thoughts?
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
N
8 September 2010 02:16
It shouldn't be that hard to change your actual surname against another one in Morocco. A sollicitor can do that in a few months. The condition is that it must be an Arabic name.

For example, if your name is Ahmed Kharchach or Said Lamkharbak and suppose you're from a landscape called Beni Amran, you can choose to be named Al Amrani : ----> Ahmed Al Amrani -----> "Ahmed from Beni Amran".

But you cannot choose a name like Smith or Clooney : Ahmed Smith or Said Clooney No no
a
9 September 2010 01:03
Are you sure you have read my post buddy? the question if you are living in France or Spain just as example ( not that would live there either) and they have allowed you to change your name Jabber la montagne hamouda Carlos; back home will not allow you to have that name hence you end up with two names and two surnames unless you relinquish your Moroccan ID. Is that what our country wants us to do?

My assertion is why the host country allows us to have one of their names or surnames and we don’t look like Jean Pierre, John or Paul. We don’t live in Morocco not anymore and we are obliged to keep a flipping name that no one can spell or pronounce.
N
9 September 2010 01:34
You must have a bad name then...what a pity!
c
9 September 2010 18:37
adds are you in the UK?

just change it to what you want here by deed poll. then, if you have the funds and inclination, apply for a passport under the new name and then done.

I dont know whether they will accept that for your La Carte application though if thats what you are worried about/after.

chichiya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2010 06:46 by chichiya.
a
9 September 2010 23:16
Thanks for your advice , the thing is I have done that about 20 years ago the dalema I am in is that I have two names, my children have the British name which is fine but are not registered as Moroccan. I am single in eyes of the moroccan authority (I am in the eyes of the ladies in anyway). I am buying a villa in Morocco and want my children and wife to benifit from it when I die, and not anyone else i.e.far relatives.
Y
9 October 2010 19:41
You can Relinquish the right of "use and ownership" to your chosen beneficiaries after your death but not before-- A notary- in consulate should ratify that for you and your set. The " Far relatives" can't interfer--- So I was told, but maybe someone knows better-
E
10 October 2010 06:23
hello adds

what do you mean you have two names?
without going to all the trouble of names ,you can write a will to your children..are your children british citizen only?
if you have a property in morocco or there is an inheritance on the way.is there a problem there for a moroccan citizen abroad with dual citizen but not his children and foreign wife?
can anybody shed a light on this?
sss
a
10 October 2010 11:16
Thank you both for your contribution.
Abroad is very easy to change your name say from K2ark2ouba benjarbou3e to Jerome Mackintosh you like that name it is your choice. Very simple and easy issue when you register your children the father’s name is Jerome Mackintosh no questions ask, the children become Mackintosh. You go to register your children in the consulate oh no you can’t be Jerome Mackintosh it is not a Muslim name you can only have bou3azza benjarbou3e or Mounir benjarbou3e. You have to raise a court case in Morocco and most likely it is going to be thrown out if you insist on having Jerome Mackintosh as your name. What you end up with is in the country you live in you are Jerome Mackintosh your children will bare the surname of Mackintosh. When you go back home you can be both but you must be K2ark2ouba benjarbou3e otherwise it will cause you problems. In the eyes of the Moroccan law you are single, if you are to have “halla madania” it has to be in the name of K2ark2ouba benjarbou3e. If you are buying a house in Morocco as Jerome Mackintosh you face discrimination and heavy charges; hence it is better in K2ark2ouba benjarbou3e.
Do you get me?
a
10 October 2010 11:39
SSS why your IP adress is not in Australia? I have your details infront of me.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
E
11 October 2010 10:36
what do you mean IP not in oz please explain?what does that mean you have my details in front of me?
do i have control over IP address?
please clarify

so if you don't have livret de famille ?what does it mean?
if you have livret ,what does it mean?
how do you get livret de famille?
cheerz sss
M
M_S
11 October 2010 17:21
adds
Why is it so difficult to change one's name and surname back home? Why there is so much singing and dancing over it? Has anyone managed that or aren’t you bothered about it?
I had several meetings with solicitors to Minister of foreign affairs; the reply is more or less identical it has to be an Arab name. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! Why Arab why not Berber? French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese are all invaders of Morocco too.
In the UK one can change the name and Surname easily even if you were born elsewhere no questions asked unless one is trying to take someone’s identity like “George Bush” but can be called Mohamed Bush, George Ben kh7adour Bourasse.
Any thoughts?

I didn't get why are you asking about this? do you have a shity name/surname?smthg like benzakkou hamid? rassl7anout oussama? bouch3ayb lfekroun? ptdr
I still remember an old freind of mine which has a realyy embarrassing name: Ezzek-roumi Anassgrinning smiley
He Fought left'n right to change it...no way! whistling smiley
مولاي السلطان... عنّاق البيضات ,علاّق الزرقات,عشّاق الجلسات

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook