Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Anyone going to Morocco this summer?
m
20 July 2008 23:47
I was just curious if any one is going back home this summer, where and how long? It is the vacation season and ramadan is just around the corner.
S
20 July 2008 23:53
Salam Marokk,

I'll be off to Morocco next week Inshallah.
Fez , for a couple of weeks.
I am going there just for the summer time.

What about you?

Best wishes.
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
m
21 July 2008 06:42
Good for you! I am staying home since work has gotten a little crazy for me.
p
21 July 2008 08:16
Hey

How is it going?smiling smiley

I am also going to Morocco and I am so excited about it, really looking forward into itClap
As I am going back to France on the 10th of September, I'll spend some days for Ramandan as well. That's greatsmiling smiley

I am off to Casablanca this sunday (from Brussels-Charleroi), incha2lah.

Enjoy your holidays mates and have a safe journey!winking smiley

It will be nice to soak up the Moroccan sun, this bloody English weather drove me nutsgrinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2008 01:03 by pounkette.
S
21 July 2008 17:18
pounkette
Hey

How is it going?smiling smiley

I am also going to Morocco and I am so excited about it, really looking forward into itClap
As I am going back to France on the 10th of September, I'll spend some days for Ramandan as well. That's greatsmiling smiley

I am off to Casablanca this sunday (from Brussels-Charleroi), incha2lah.

Enjoy your holidays mates and have a safe journey!winking smiley

It will be nice to soak up the Moroccan sun, this bloody English weather drove me nutsgrinning smiley

HI there,

Wishing you a safe trip Inshallah!
Have fun!

Best wishes.

Latifa
a
22 July 2008 16:23
Have a safe journey ladies
For now i have no plans of going to Morocco but who knows when sidi Balyoute or Sab3ato rijal call !
S
22 July 2008 16:40
atlasmagic
Have a safe journey ladies
For now i have no plans of going to Morocco but who knows when sidi Balyoute or Sab3ato rijal call !

HI!

Thanks.
You know, you made me laugh smiling smiley, you remind me of a good friend of mine, she always says that!!!

Take care.
a
22 July 2008 17:31
Sweetlatifa

Well glad i did ,please say Hi to your friend she must be a believer in the powers of Sidi Balyoute & sab3ato rijale too smiling smiley
S
22 July 2008 19:46
You bet she is winking smiley!!!! I'll pass on the greetings!
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
a
28 July 2008 10:48
Hi all
Just got back from Marrakech Essawera and Casablanca then Marrakech. The weather was outstanding as one would expect. The hotels full and very good prices, in Essawera rented an apartment first class with 250 DH a night (unbelievable!!!!! One can’t get a tent for a night with that price else where). The only thing that I didn’t like was the sandy WIND on the beach. All in all was perfect holiday I will be going back at the end of Ramadan inchallah.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
a
28 July 2008 10:58
adds

Good for you mate , Essaouira is in the windy season since April & its always the way but i like it its still nice & quiet specialy if you venter to sidi Bouzerktoune & Kouki ect ...
a
29 July 2008 11:09
Hi Atlas
Unfortunately I didn’t go anywhere there; only to the city and the beach sun lounges, lovely to be able to read in peace. Having the apartment made it easy for eating healthily (pure olive oil fried steaks, eggs, chips, even for breakfast) one kilo steaks for 80 MDH (£5.64) maybe that was a bit too healthy as I have re-gained some weight!!!!
a
6 August 2008 19:43
hi there

i'm leaving next sunday and i'll stay in Morocco for the whole month of ramadan. I'm really looking forward to it.

for once, i'll be doing ramadan properly with family around, the muezzin calling for us at the right time, the spirit of ramadan will be all around. smiling smiley
Il faut se garder de trois fautes : parler sans y être invité, ce qui est impertinence ; ne pas parler quand on y est invité, ce qui est de la dissimulation ; parler sans observer les réactions de l'autre, ce qui est de l'aveuglement. [Confucius]
h
9 August 2008 02:26
Hi,
I will be in Morocco this summer. After 15 years, I will go back to Morocco.
I so enjoy to see the moroccan way of life and how the people are there.
If anyone may go in October (1 week only), please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Habib
l
9 August 2008 20:59
man i really miss home after 24 years in usa ,i am not sure if i can blend in .what is your opinion guys and girls?
a
11 August 2008 10:26
You will stand out for especially if you are ashamed of your past; if deep inside you reject blending into the culture just stay at home and don't go. On the other hand if you only feel you are living elsewhere and accept their way of behaving as their right to be; you will have the best time of your life because you will be able to afford more there than in any other holiday destination.
a
12 August 2008 14:34
I am trying to organise another trip to Morocco for Ramdane/3eed laftour depending on the flights I ‘will find. I think I am becoming addicted to returning home (I was told that before but never believed it would happen to me). There is no place I would like to be over the said period than Casablanca.

Hi Atlas,
I am worried mate Sidi balyout, sab3ato rijal wa lala 3ayecha al bahria don’t stop calling my name these days; eve my wife is asking questions… especially since I have been talking about buying a flat over there
M
13 August 2008 16:44
Hi adds, looks like you're becoming addicted to travelling to Morocco! you might have to go cold turkey for a while otherwise you'll end up strapped financially, espcially as your wife seems to be worried smiling smiley)

no, only kidding, it's a healty addiction, there is no better place than home...although, i must admit i can't spend too much time in Morocco or anywhere else now, i get home sick (to England) very quickly!

Ramadan and eid is a wonderful time to spend with the family...there isn't much to do during the day and you'll be better off avoiding talking to people (especially smokers) but the evenings are glorious, with streets and mosques all lit up, shops open in Casablanca (Marrakech must be even nicer) and of course the iftar time is the best moment of the day!! so make the most of it and bring lots of gossips to tell us (and eid cakes of course!!!!!) smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 04:45 by Minniemouse.
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
S
13 August 2008 21:42
Hi you guys

I am new to the forum and I wish everybody Shaaban mobarak and happy vacation time to those taking some time off to visit family and relax
M
13 August 2008 23:05
Hi there Sebou3 and welcome among us!

thanks for your wishes, same to you smiling smiley

Looks like many people are on holiday at this time so don't worry if you don't get many replies back
p
14 August 2008 12:39
Hello guyssmiling smiley

How are you doing? Are you spending a good time in Morocco?
I am sending you a huge Moroccan sunbeam and my best wishes to you.

Enjoy your holidays in Moroccosmiling smiley
a
14 August 2008 16:29
Minnie Hi
I didn't see you re back where have you been all these days without a wisper to us? We need you here please.
I want to go to Morocco for al 3eed and to donate some money at the right time this year perhaps last two days of September. By the sound of it the request was rejected as I have just been there (women‘s suspicious mind)
Doing Ramadan in Morocco would be hard for me as I drink about 10L a day of water when I am there. I also miss Zouwaka at the ftour time and Mr nafar at the sahoure the food has different flavour at that time of the night in Morocco I am not sure why.
M
18 August 2008 11:44
Hi adds! you're right, i disappreared for a while but didn't forget about you guys or the forum. I just got busy with life at work and took some holidays and now i am back to a very hectic rythm and a cold rainy weather in London!

I encourage you to go to Morocco during Ramadan, and take the missus with you!! she will love the atmosphere, the food etc smiling smiley
a
18 August 2008 14:38
My last trip was a while ago now ! in June
Was it busy in Morocco this summer ? did you feel its was strange ? a few mates told me so & they where unable to put a finger on it ! how was it for you ?
a
19 August 2008 11:25
I am taking her tomorrow on a cruise in Egypt instead. She has only been twice to Morocco in 86 and 87; the children have never been there yet. I like to go to my country alone with no fuss or critics or nagging of someone with me. thumbs up
r
27 August 2008 20:26
I have just come back from Morocco...It was very hot when you are far away from the ocean, and foggy sometimes when you are near the sea!!!
However, i enjoyed the nights in Agadir, it is moving till dawn!Marakech was too hot, and casablanca has got the same weather as Agadir....
Wish you guys to spend good moments in Morocco!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook