Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Adoption Questions
F
21 mars 2013 10:06
Forgive me if I am in the wrong area, I am new to this forum, I joined the forum to meet new people, and contacts. I am on a journey to adopt a child or children from Morocco. i live in the USA, When I learned the laws had changed for it made even more hard on us. I wondered how many people will say they were going to become Muslim by name only. This worries me. Still, in all the agencies here in the USA, being Muslim, we are told that our chances are still very slim to adopt an infant child under the age of 12. One family was told they would pay 10,500.00 usd we were told we would have to pay 30,000.00? Is this true? Is this true. Am I worrying for nothing that some of these children will be adopted out and not be raised Muslim? Does anyone on this forum know how I can adopt, a son, a daughter, twins, triplets, siblings? Is there any help for families that are already Muslims, that too have waited 10 - 15 years that live in the USA to adopt?

again, sorry, if I sound like a cry baby, I am just wondering, if there is anyone that can lead me in the right direction,
An Angel for Fatiman
m
21 mars 2013 18:32
adoption ? there's no such a thing in morocco. there's only "kafala" = the government gives a child to a muslim moroccan couple to take of him until he's 18. you're not to adopt him, just take care of him. if you or your husband or wife are not moroccan and not muslim and not married.. no way
F
21 mars 2013 19:00
thank you and there in is my confusion.. Then why are there so many agencies in the USA and other countries advertising and offering children from Morocco for adoption? Maybe that is why since we are Muslim they are so strange with us when we ask about this. thank you for your response.
An Angel for Fatiman
m
21 mars 2013 19:13
maybe you can go to the website : kafala.fr , phone them, you'll have answers to all your questions.
you're welcome
F
21 mars 2013 19:33
Merci i appreciate your help
An Angel for Fatiman
22 mars 2013 17:23
Salam,

As mentionned earlier Morroccan laws and regulations do not recognize "adoption" i.e. being understood as giving the child your own name etc.

Under Morroccan law you can only ask for "Kafala" which is basically a type of guardianship where no parental kinship between the child and adopters is "created".

In the past decade the existing regulations appeared to be unclear and have never been implemented in a logical way.
There have been consequently a number of major changes in the last 6 months.

Drastic changes have been made and are currently implemented.
I assume you heard of a circular from the Ministry of Justice dismissing the right of non-resident foreigners or Moroccan expatriates to file for guardianship.

Furthermore on September 2012 the Minister of Justice issued a notice instructing prosecutors to raise their voice against any "kafal petitions" made by foreign or Moroccan prospective guardians who do not reside within the kingdom.

Things are more complicated even for Moroccan expatriates.
I would recommend getting in touch with the bureau of consulate affairs, more precisely their intercountry adoption office KAFALA
F
22 mars 2013 19:00
thank you
An Angel for Fatiman
22 mars 2013 19:24
Citation
Fatima1980 a écrit:
thank you

You're welcome winking smiley
Hope you can find a way to adopt a lovely child.

Things have been really tough lately especially in countries with a majority of muslims'...
Indeed, they realized that allowing foreigners and expatriates to ask to be granted guardianship of their own nationals had a number of consequences.

Regulations are currently implemented in order to protect children against abuses (trying to monitor efficiently investigations and controls).

You should maybe consider adopting a child born in the U.S...

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook