Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
how about meeting in montreal in july??
a
22 May 2007 16:48
salam

i'll be glad to meet people from canada, as i might settle down there. i'm originally from paris and am coming to montreal in July.

smiling smiley
Il faut se garder de trois fautes : parler sans y être invité, ce qui est impertinence ; ne pas parler quand on y est invité, ce qui est de la dissimulation ; parler sans observer les réactions de l'autre, ce qui est de l'aveuglement. [Confucius]
v
22 May 2007 18:41
Yea, why not? Welcome to Montréal!!
a
22 May 2007 18:58
salam

thx a lot.
where are u from in montreal?? how long have u been there?? was it difficult to setlle down??
i was there in february and i was surprised to see that many canadians are originally from morocco.
i thought they settled in europe mostly... and i was wrong apparently.
Il faut se garder de trois fautes : parler sans y être invité, ce qui est impertinence ; ne pas parler quand on y est invité, ce qui est de la dissimulation ; parler sans observer les réactions de l'autre, ce qui est de l'aveuglement. [Confucius]
a
23 May 2007 23:54
salam

i think as i don't get many responses that i might have to handle things by myself.

moroccan canadians aren't welcoming ???? or just don't bother answering??
b
25 May 2007 00:12
Well there are many canadians from Morocco however they're not as many as in Europe, that's for sure.
The most difficult thing in Canada is the cold, other than that it's close to perfect. Good luck!!
l
7 June 2007 16:53
Welcom aela!

I've been in Montreal for 8 years now. I came as a foreign student and never expected to stay after graduating. But I was obviously wrong... Life is really enjoyable right here. It took me 2 months to find a good job in my field (software engineering) and career's perspectives are good. You plan to come in the best period of the year. I think you'll love Montreal and its diversity. Once you endure a winter, you'll know if you can cope with it or not. As bella said, "other than that it's close to perfect".
v
8 June 2007 20:07
If you are coming as a landed immigrant, you will find a lot of support from the gouvernment and the civil society. Immigrants in Montreal are everywhere. Actually you will be surprised that sometimes you can hardly see a quebecor. The summer is lot of fun as Montreal hosts so many festivals, concerts etc you can't be bored. The winter is a different story, but still it has its charm.
regarding job perspectives it all depends on your CV and also if you are perfectly bilingual. When I first came here I got a job in the first two weeks and that was in an credit card company down town of mtrl. So keep us posted!! and good luck!
a
11 June 2007 21:02
hi there

i work as a teacher here in paris and i am perfectly bilingual.
i followed literary studies but i hope i'll manage to cope. Ive been to montreal in february and saw how winter can be...i'll see if i can cope to that too. might be hard for me but i'll see.
and i'm still coming in july inchaallah.

thx to you all for your responses
:x
H
25 June 2007 17:19
salam

i have a question to our brothers and sisters living in canada ... Is it true that european degrees and diplomas are regarded as "less valuable" (if i may say so) in canada by universities and employers ??

Thank you

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook