Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
WOMEN IN ISLAM: In the past and Nowadays
S
5 October 2008 21:31
Salam everyone,

First of all, Aïd moubarak saïd! Wishing you all the best Inshallah!

The muslim woman was given a role,duties and rights.

In the past,she used to work to earn a living without being answerable to anyone (except God of course). She used to participate in many discussions to give her opinion and thus being heard.

She used to play a key role in the development of the islamic society.

For instance, Lalla Khadija (rwa), the first wife of the Prophet (PBUH), she was a great business woman in her own right and proposed to marry the Prophet (PBUH)!!!

Nowadays, I feel that Islam is regarded as an anti-women religion and many things,authorised in the past,are now forbidden, in the name of what???

Thanks for your participation.
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
w
6 October 2008 13:32
In the name of religion a lot of discrimintaion were committed against women
for instance , check the website of the saoudians wahabistes
women are not allowed to work
women have no right to watch footballptdr
women are not allowed to drive
In saoudie Arabia women are forced to get married at the age of 8 years ( ps I think this is where that terrorist slave so called maghrawi got his fatwa 9 years for Moroccan girls ptdr
women are not allowed to go to the theatre or cinema
a saoudian woman was killed by some terrorist because she did a play on an theatre about shakespeareClap
women don t vote freely , ther are fatwas and this is 100 %true from the saoudian wahabists majliss saying that a woman who votes for someone that her husband is not going to vote for is a sinner and need to be punished because ( mokhlafats wali al amr)perplexeNo no
women don t inherit normally their brothers who takes over she is treated like a minor retarded who lacks intelligence ...............................
a saoudian woman was punished 6 months prison sentence because she was in a shop and she was talking slightly loud that a man heard her and thats considered HARAMperplexeperplexe
I bet ther is a fatwa how much oxygen a woman in islam is allowed to use to survive
if you watch any arab tv channel the so called the religion ones thay have no other subject a part from what women should wear , how she should walk and talk and how they need to worship man not allah ptdrptdr
H
6 October 2008 17:20
What is unfortunate is that these people managed to export their "genuine" way of treating women to our country, instead of using their money to develop their country, they use it to export a very narrow minded version of religion, i don't even want say islam, and as hospitality is the virtue of moroccans, their schools appeared as fungus and the result was May 2003 and ninjas all over....
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
S
6 October 2008 18:46
Hi there,

Yes, so incredible and yet true...
I am just wondering, do all the 'Muslims' have the same koran???? Did they read about Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)'s life and teachings???

I feel they are afraid of women, I mean they want to take control over them.

So sad because Islam is now regarded as the religion of backwardness. Such prejudice held against women is caused by male chauvinism because Islam condemns all forms of violence.

In Islamic teachings, men and women are to be respected equally.

Oppression of women is a violation of the teachings of Islam...

whatsup
In the name of religion a lot of discrimintaion were committed against women
for instance , check the website of the saoudians wahabistes
women are not allowed to work
women have no right to watch footballptdr
women are not allowed to drive
In saoudie Arabia women are forced to get married at the age of 8 years ( ps I think this is where that terrorist slave so called maghrawi got his fatwa 9 years for Moroccan girls ptdr
women are not allowed to go to the theatre or cinema
a saoudian woman was killed by some terrorist because she did a play on an theatre about shakespeareClap
women don t vote freely , ther are fatwas and this is 100 %true from the saoudian wahabists majliss saying that a woman who votes for someone that her husband is not going to vote for is a sinner and need to be punished because ( mokhlafats wali al amr)perplexeNo no
women don t inherit normally their brothers who takes over she is treated like a minor retarded who lacks intelligence ...............................
a saoudian woman was punished 6 months prison sentence because she was in a shop and she was talking slightly loud that a man heard her and thats considered HARAMperplexeperplexe
I bet ther is a fatwa how much oxygen a woman in islam is allowed to use to survive
if you watch any arab tv channel the so called the religion ones thay have no other subject a part from what women should wear , how she should walk and talk and how they need to worship man not allah ptdrptdr
w
7 October 2008 21:51
this year UN report stated that most muslim countries are not civilised and did not progress for centuries because of women s oppression , the report says clearly those are disabled societies because women which represent half of the society are forced to be paralised and not allowed to contribute towrd the development
I absolutely agree with hicham the saoudian oil Money is flooding Morocco funding terrorism and the beardies who brain wash the unemployed moroccan youth and taking advantage of their poverty
in morocco our traditional clothes are jellabas and the scarf and each town has it s own caracteristics but recently because of the terrorists groups funded from the gulf countries we see ninjas everywhere
and afghan uniforms , police really need to keep a close eye on these type of people they will be surprise what they will discover
S
7 October 2008 21:56
We can see this way of dressing in France too, more and more common...They even drive!!! it's ok to dress the way you like but please not in the name of Islam...Ridiculous!

whatsup
this year UN report stated that most muslim countries are not civilised and did not progress for centuries because of women s oppression , the report says clearly those are disabled societies because women which represent half of the society are forced to be paralised and not allowed to contribute towrd the development
I absolutely agree with hicham the saoudian oil Money is flooding Morocco funding terrorism and the beardies who brain wash the unemployed moroccan youth and taking advantage of their poverty
in morocco our traditional clothes are jellabas and the scarf and each town has it s own caracteristics but recently because of the terrorists groups funded from the gulf countries we see ninjas everywhere
and afghan uniforms , police really need to keep a close eye on these type of people they will be surprise what they will discover
w
7 October 2008 21:59
latifa watch this ptdrsad smiley
[www.youtube.com]
S
7 October 2008 22:03
Yes, but it does not make me laugh, I am so sad to see how they represent the religion...You know I am a muslim and I feel insulted when I witness such a poor behaviour...

They did not get the real meaning of Islam...
w
7 October 2008 22:08
soooooo embarassing , i am sure deep inside they don t want to look like black crows in a public place but they are scared from their beardy husband
where in the quran it says that a woman has to wear black , the prophets wives never wore anything on their faces
it is something invented century later to distinguish a slave from a free woman by some khalifa
it is not fair to see little girl not even 3 years old with a burka what a disgrace
S
7 October 2008 22:14
You know,unfortunately, the islamic teachings are not respected...some men want to have the upper hand and control their wives by imposing their rules on them.

Recently, I've been told that a Muslim woman has not the right to be sexually satisfied...pathetic...
Elegance is an attitude[i]Thank you, my dear friends, for all your sweet messages, I love you too...[/i]
w
7 October 2008 22:18
you need to read a book written by sheikh al azhar in egypt about how to have sex in an islamic way with your wife , it is all about men women they been creating just to serve and obey
this book had high rate of sale in all arab world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!really sick mentality
they think of women a lesser human being
S
7 October 2008 22:25
I will if I have the opportunity .

All I know is that both partners need to sexually satisfied each other which essential to enjoy a harmonious marital life.

Allah is fair.
a
8 October 2008 11:29
Those days where women had more respect and rights under Islamic rules have gone. Those women and men are not today’s people, although, the principle of Islam is the same and hasn’t changed (away from all different interpretations “madahib”)
Following the West is good and bad; there is so much we can learn from them and analyse to adopt in our lives and relations. Imitating the Europeans blindly looks very bad and can be harmful to our societies. I am not going to address those fealty rich Arabs and other rich Western visitors.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
w
8 October 2008 13:54
why there is a fashion in islamic societies every time there is a mention of women rights they jump into the conclusion imitating europeans ,
of course the europeans succeeded in building a civilised society which respect human being rights men women or children , dignity and justice to all , strong economy with no corruption or bribes
treating a woman in an equal way as men has nothing to do with any outside imitation to other cultures
it is impossible for islamic societies to progress if they keep women in the back seat and don t allow them to be active in all aspects of life
it is not by marrying little girls at 9 and depriving them from education that the society will go forward Heu
unfortunately manhood in alot of islamic societies is measured how oppressif the man( coward) toward his 4 wives and daughters
sometimes it is necessary to self criticise and not blame outsiders for all our misery and problems, we need to admit that we have a lot of wrong traditions and ways of thinking , a lot of sexism and racism whch need to be tackled by new generations , before pointing our finger to outside which seems to be the simple easy way lets re read what we inherited
S
8 October 2008 14:03
Salam Adds,

Following the west or not is not the point.

In Western societies, women are exploited, look at all the advertisements and so on...so disgusting, they are regarded as sex objects and treated like meat in the sex industry.

While in Islam, women have dignity,rights, they are portrayed as like human beings.

Our religion promotes gender equality.
w
8 October 2008 14:21
yes i agree about exploitation of women in adverts etc , but if we are going to learn from other civilised societies experiences we need to pick the positive acheivements and leave the negative side
for instance:

in Europe for instance , the women have the rights to vote since the beginning of the 19 centuries , in Kuwait just last year the women can vote but with restrictions and they are not allowed to do certains jobs in the name of islam

lets talk about divorce in europe , women are protected by law half of what the man own , the house is hers in case of children the father has by law to pay for education and cost of living
in Morocco despite the Modawana which just a decoration nothing in practice , in the newspaper it was the case of this woman of 60 years diabetic has children after 36 years marriage , her husband divorced her and kicked her out into the street to beg

most kids in Moroccan street begging they are of divorced families who s father left no law to force him to pay for anything , the father goes and get married again and forget about them

did you know that in morocco in job adverts they say , a MALE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB discrimination in europe strict laws which consider this sort behaviour a crime , you do the crime you do the time
this is just a sample of the positive side , why we have some sort of phobia from learning from others experience and we pick on adverts and cheap magazines , we pick the surface and we ignore the substance
perplexe
S
8 October 2008 14:33
Hi Whatsup,

I am just trying to say that Women are protected in God's eyes. Everything is stated in the Koran. No need to look further.

Rights and duties for both, men and women, are clearly mentioned in the holy Book.

Why do some arab countries act so? Just ouf of male chauvinism...
a
8 October 2008 16:18
No not just women, man and women are protected from one another. We can visualise religions as the protocol for a group of people to live together with a purpose and meaning of their lives.
Cars on the road should obey the Highway Code to be able to move safely.
In Islam, Koran is the manual (the high way code), our prophet was the teacher; he explained (instructor) that manual.
One has to bear in mind that Islam; is new and trendy religion, very flexible and adaptable to any time or place. When driving on the road, we meet stupid drivers violating the rules; but we don’t crash into them to tell them off. We just carry on driving properly. With that in mind sky is the limit on how much achievement one can reach in terms of happiness.
H
8 October 2008 16:36
Salam Sweetlatifa,

It is actually a cultural issue,and Islam was, for centuries, only the official religion, and not in practice. I have an example of a region in Morocco where women do not have the right to inherit any kind of land, they do have the right to inherit what's growing on this land, trees namely perplexe, and not the land, it exists and this "3orf" is still valid until now...

To come back to this cultural factor, religion is usually used to give a cover to obscure practices, and this goes to the extent of finding religious justifications to a lot of rubbish and nonsense while it is very clear from a traditional islamic point of view,the best illustration is the example i just gave. we have, as a civilization, made a lot of steps back...

I do also think that women are not treated better in the west, Laws are there but women are more regarded as objects and discrimination in work is a fact..
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
S
8 October 2008 16:52
Salam Hicham,

I do share your opinion.

Hicham_A
Salam Sweetlatifa,

It is actually a cultural issue,and Islam was, for centuries, only the official religion, and not in practice. I have an example of a region in Morocco where women do not have the right to inherit any kind of land, they do have the right to inherit what's growing on this land, trees namely perplexe, and not the land, it exists and this "3orf" is still valid until now...

To come back to this cultural factor, religion is usually used to give a cover to obscure practices, and this goes to the extent of finding religious justifications to a lot of rubbish and nonsense while it is very clear from a traditional islamic point of view,the best illustration is the example i just gave. we have, as a civilization, made a lot of steps back...
I do also think that women are not treated better in the west, Laws are there but women are more regarded as objects and discrimination in work is a fact..
H
8 October 2008 23:30
Welcome Cool
a
10 October 2008 16:42
If our women back home get at least what their sisters get a broad it can be a great achievement. Not all Europeans are highly educated and clever.
The European society still contain discrimination, racism, laziness, stupidity worse than ours back home, sex maniacs, perverts, cheap standard levels, etc…
With that in mind the obstacles women have faced in their liberation is still hunting them and will be for little while. The best difference is most women abroad can , read and write.
S
10 October 2008 16:52
Yes Adds,in the past, women (in general) fought for their rights, stoop up to be heard and now back to square one!!!!

As Dieudonné (french humorist) said:

"Women have the right to be exploited, yes, but with some courtesy"
P
11 October 2008 20:08
adds
If our women back home get at least what their sisters get a broad it can be a great achievement. Not all Europeans are highly educated and clever.
The European society still contain discrimination, racism, laziness, stupidity worse than ours back home, sex maniacs, perverts, cheap standard levels, etc…
With that in mind the obstacles women have faced in their liberation is still hunting them and will be for little while. The best difference is most women abroad can , read and write.

doesn't Islam say that men inherit twice as much as women? isn't this discrimination?
S
11 October 2008 21:59
Hi Passerby,

There is an explanation to that.

Women inherit less because they can keep it all for investment without any legal obligation so spend any part of it even for her own sustenance (food, clothing, housing, medication, etc.).

Islam holds men financially responsible for fulfilling the needs of his family so they get double the share of the inheritance.
w
11 October 2008 23:49
sweetlatifa , i don t share your justification to the discrimination in inheritance against women
what do you think about a widower with five girls and no boys when her husband passes away her brother in laws takes part of the inheritance because she just has girls , and please don t say to protect the 5 little girls because a lot of court cases the brother in laws takes the poor family to court to get their share from their brother inheritance thats discrimination specially when the wealth that the late man left half of it is built and gathered by the poor wife wher is justice in here perplexetaking from the wife and her girls and give it to the brother in laws is this a punishment because the lady didn t have any boys ??,??
w
11 October 2008 23:53
NB: a recent statistic in Morocco showed that more than 50 % of moroccans the only bread winner is the woman mother sister or daughter , divorced women they work to feed their kids , even married couples women work in houses and support the family
so why they don t inherit the same as men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no other definition for this apart from discrimination
S
12 October 2008 00:12
Hi Whatsup,

The Holy Koran states what muslims should do and protect the family cell. But, in reality, the rules are not respected.

"the laws of inheritance in Islam are proportional to the duties of spending. Indeed, a man in Islam has the responsibility of supporting his family, his brother's children (when his brother dies), his parents (when they retire and do not have an income), his children from his previous marriage (if he has them) and his household, including his wife and children. A woman, on the other hand, does not bear this responsibility. She has the freedom to use the money she collects from her dowry or work as she pleases".

If it's not the case, I think that the government should mix in to establish justice.
w
12 October 2008 01:39
thats an imaginary society you just described full of angels which does not exist and never existed even in the time of the prophet except in the Greek philosophy myths
discrimination against women in islam exist in so many fields and has so many faces , the list is so long there are so many other exemples which are incredibly discriminating may be i l post few topics sometimes in here when i have time smiling smiley
S
12 October 2008 12:53
I am just describing the holy message of Allah, full of wisdom.

God is fair and if we fellow his teachings, no one will be wronged.

There is no discrimination in Islam. The problem is not with the religion itself but with the way it is applied..and maybe that's where the rub is...Don't you think so?
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook