Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
The Seerah Of Nabi (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam)
A
1 March 2005 00:33
Assalamo 3alaikom,

In the Name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful

The Seerah Of Nabi (Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam)
Allah (swt) says:
'Indeed in the Messenger (saw) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for the meeting with Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah (swt) much.' (Surah Al-Ahzab, verse 21)

Allah (swt) mentions in this aayat of Qur'an that Rasulullah's (saw) life was an example for the Ummah to follow in every aspect of their life, be it in 'ibadah, character, trade, politics, marriage etc.

Although Rasulullah's (saw) actions are followed for things such as salaah and 'ibadah, the example he set in other aspects are not followed.

The best way to bring people closer to Islam is by following the example set and shown by the Muslims in ALL of aspects of life, and not only 'ibadah (worship). Islam, as exemplified by Rasulullah (saw), is the perfect and complete way of life.

Today, the Ummah is in a downtrodden state for the simple reason that it has abandoned the Sunnah of Rasulullah (saw). Allah (swt) has kept success and glory of the Muslim Ummah in adhering to and following the example set by his beloved Nabi (saw).
Characteristics of Rasulullah (saw)
• Hazrat Anas (ra) states, 7 spent 10 years in the assistance of Rasulullah (saw), in this whole time Rasulullah (saw) never said even "uff" to me, or asked why did or didn't you do this or that?'

• Hazrat Jabir (ra) states, 'It never happened that someone asked from Rasulullah (saw) something and he (saw) refused them of that thing.' (Bukhari, Muslim)

• Hazrat Anas (ra) states, 'From the inhabitants of Medina, a maid servant had the habit of going and holding the hand of Rasulullah (saw) whenever she was distressed, and she would take him (saw) wherever she desired to and he (saw) would follow.' (Bukhari)

The maid servant would seek assistance from Rasulullah (saw) to remove her distressing condition, she would tell of her condition and he (saw) would listen and advise her in the best manner. From the above Ahdadith we can see that Rasulullah (saw) would have immense love for his Ummah, even those-considered inferior by others (servants etc.). Even though Allah (swt) made Nabi (saw) the best of all creation, Nabi (saw) would not disregard anyone who came to him due their status in the eyes of the people.

• Hazrat Anas (ra) states, 'When Rasulullah (saw) shook hands with someone, he would not withdraw his hands until the other person started to withdraw his hands. And he (saw) would not remove his gaze from that person until they themselves removed it first. And in a gathering Rasulullah (saw) would not advance his knees in front of the companions (ra) rather he would sit in their midst, in line with them.' (Tirmidhi)

The above hadith shows the very humble, simple character of Nabi (saw). He shows the Ummah to have concern for each Muslim and to give them due respect in all conditions.

The Stating of the Finality of Prophethood in Nabi (saw)
Allah (swt) says: 'And when Isa son of Maryam (as) said: 'O Children of Israel! I am a messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Taurat before me and giving glad tidings of the messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed (saw)... ' (Surah As-Saff, verse 6)

• Hazrat Anas bin Malik (ra) states: 'There was a boy (son of a jew) who used to assist Nabi (saw), he fell ill and Nabi (saw) went to his house to get news about him, he was in the last throes of death. His father was reciting some portion of the Taurat seated near his son's head (just as Surah Ya-Sin is read by Muslims in this condition). Nabi (saw) asked: 'O Jew! I swear by Allah and ask, He (swt) who revealed the Taurat to Musa (as), tell the truth, do you find my reputation and my hijrah mentioned in that Taurat?' The Jew replied: 'No!' But his son said: 'Yes, O Messenger of Allah! I swear by Allah, we find your reputation and hijrah mentioned in the Taurat. And I truly bear witness that there is no deity worthy of being worshipped besides Allah, and truly you are his Messenger and Prophet!' (Baihaqi)

• Hazrat Thauban (ra) states, 'Rasulullah (saw) said: 'In my Nation there will be 30 liars born, every one of which will say "I am a Prophet!" However "I am the final Prophet, after me there will be no other Prophet!" (Muslim)
Rasulullah's (saw) features, characteristics, teachings and everything else about him are the combination of the best aspects of all the other Prophets and Messengers (as).
There is no better example for us than that of Nabi (saw), so we should strive to adopt the Sunnah in every way as from today, insha-Allah. May Allah guide us and allow us to follow the example of his beloved Rasulullah (saw) in all aspects of life to attain his pleasure. Ameen.

Salam

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook