Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Is it safe?
v
11 July 2005 13:42
I have just been reading through the topics on the French section of this forum. Unfortunately, after 25 years of visiting your country in safety, I am beginning to think it is no longer safe for English or American visitors, due to the amount of outright hatred emanating from the forum. Opinions please?
m
11 July 2005 14:08
Dear Volvofan,
It is much safer for you to visit Morocco than for a moroccan to visit England.
How about that ?
v
11 July 2005 16:15
It would appear that the only risk to a Moroccan visiting the UK would be from Islamic extremism - as shown by the number of Moslem victims and of course victims of all other faiths too. Unless of course he were implicated in the attacks?? Or unless you know otherwise??
m
11 July 2005 18:34
Volvofan,

If people like you stop visiting Morocco means that the extermist have scored a point...I don't believe that they in any way should!
On the other hand I think that the vast majority of Moroccans are fine and would not harm a fly (unless it is in the way!!)...

But also I agree that a Moroccan is not safe if for some reason he'she is arrested...they can be locked up for long time without even been told why!
Some people argue that it is a fair price to pay especially that Moslems are ALEGEDLY threatening UK security...I completely disagree...It is just like saying that what Bush/Blair and the Serbs did to the moslems justifiy kiiling any Christian that happens to be passing by!!!

Once again Volovfan don't stop going to Morocco for this...THEY are not worth it!
v
11 July 2005 20:55
I must admit we have never experienced anything but friendliness and very good manners all over Morocco in all those years. Yes we mustn't give in to the small minority who are wicked. You are right.
a
11 July 2005 22:23

Hello,
It saddens me great deal and I know it saddens the majority in this forum to hear a westerner fear or even question going to Morocco. The fact that we are multicultural and open minded people has been for long time one of our pride, and that we are hospitable and friendly was and will remain one of our strongest values, these are the things that differentiate between us and many other countries.
Thank you for what you said about morocco, and I assure you the vast majority off people in morocco will protect that openness and hospitality with all they can. In Morocco, Muslims, Christians, and Jews have lived for centuries together, and I don’t see that changing. Enjoy your next vacation amongst your friends in Morocco, and by friends I mean all of us..
Almot
R
12 July 2005 10:15
Hello everybody!!!!

You're all right...Morocco is a good country with open mind...
So please don't be afraid on what happened in the world today... i know that's horrible and i'm sad about this but we have to be strong and not let the extremists win like said Mcherifi.

To finish, like said Almotanabi, enjoy your holidays in morocco anytime and anywhere because all of you are welcome!!!!!

take care and see you soon...
v
12 July 2005 20:39
Friends over there just informed us it is 38 degrees right now!! Bit too hot for me - LoL - we like the beaches in October, when it is almost like having your own private beach. I guess right now it must be extremely busy with visitors. Happy (and safe) holidays everyone!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook