Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Rotating skyscrapers in Dubaï
c
15 July 2008 11:30
These people have waaay too much money on their hands these days : a photo of rotating skycrapers to be built in Dubaï :

[news.xinhuanet.com]
p
15 July 2008 12:38
Hey smiling smiley

I've seen a documentary on those skyscrapers. A-MA-ZINGeye popping smiley
They are sold for 3 million dollars each (just for one flat)... (that's the price to admire a beautiful sunset at home, with a cup of coffee every day)

Personnally, Dubai is becoming too fake for me...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2008 06:49 by pounkette.
M
23 July 2008 19:13
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and was going through it and found this topic about the rotating skyscraper so i thought i'll participate from here and also a good chance to introduce myself.

I'm an egyptian who was born and lived all his life in UAE, I'm sure you are asking "hmm what is he doing here?" tongue sticking out smiley I'm engaged to a Moroccan girl and she showed me the forum winking smiley

As for the skyscraper let me give you a brief info about it. So far its a concept project done by an Architect by the name David Fischer, he is a Jewish Italian who work for Dynamic Architects. So far i think there are three of this project which will be build and they are located in Dubai, Russia and third country i can't remember. The rotation of the skyscraper will generate electricity enough for the tower itself and some other buildings around, and the construction will be much faster than a normal tower because the flats / apartments are pre-fabricated.

here is a short clip of the project

Rotating Tower by David Fischer

Enjoy and looking forward to know you
c
23 July 2008 19:28
Hi Moebek and a warm moroccan welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the video, it underlined something not mentioned in the original article I found : it's self-sufficient energy concept, so I retract my first comment, that's money well-spent then. In that case, it's not that expensive at 3000 US$/m² considering you have no energy bill to worry about later on. We've reached the insane price of 3400 US$/m² in Casablanca for instance and you still get to pay your energy bills.
M
23 July 2008 19:43
Look the price of real estate in Dubai is shooting like made, there are rates that reached Dhs 20,000 per sqft and that is around MAD 37,000 or 38,000 which is a project called Trump Tower at Palm Jumeirah and its not completed yet btw, when completed the price will go even higher. Plus you pay electricity bills, annual maintenance fee to the developer. There were some villas of 3 bedrooms which were sold for around 20-30 million dollars. The problem with dubai is the demand is artificial. Lots of companies buy the units and lock them up so that the prices increase and they can sell with profit.

There are people who live with 2-3 neighbors in a building loool and the rest are empty.

Analysts are expecting a crash in the real estate market by the end 2010, lets wait and see

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook