D
13 March 2005 00:52
Hello techelhit !

Are u from Strasbourg ?

The board is very friendly indeed ! I like it very much smiling smiley

Peace & Love...
a
13 March 2005 20:50
as Krim asked (certainly not for his information but for the other participants ;-) ), I have to answer also the famous location survey on yabiladi: I am living in Berlin Germany.

d
14 March 2005 03:00
I am in Montreal, the weather is not bad these days...

Krim,
when you said you used to work at UCLA, do you mean a post-doc?

doukkali

t
15 March 2005 23:25
Hi Dead Rose ... I am actually 300 kms away from Strasbourg (that is the closer moroccan consulate for us!!!) on the border of Luxembourg

Nearest towns as I live in a village winking smiley Metz or Nancy

Where are you from again???
D
17 March 2005 14:43
Hi tachelhit!!

I'm from Lille...it's a bit far from u lol smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
c
18 March 2005 08:24
hi sunny,
i m from the east coast of us, Mass
by the way, thanks for the question, it was a smart way to know each other(i mean moroccans in blad elghorba)
peace
nabil
a
18 March 2005 15:22
DeadRose,
Since you're in Lille,
You should take a trip to a beautiful town not far from Lille, Le Quesnoy, and while you're there go and eat "Chez Ahmed" a nice small restaurant. you won't waste your time, it's real nice...
take care,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2005 11:07 by almotanabi.
Almot
D
18 March 2005 15:34
almotanabi,

thanks so much for this information! I'll try to take that trip as soon as possible. smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
S
18 March 2005 21:09
You're welcome capricio10 smiling smiley and Marhbabik with ussmiling smiley we're all one family!!!
i
22 March 2005 21:26
i'm in Texas
i let you imagine how is the weather!!
c
22 March 2005 22:12
I have an idea. Why can´t we tell a little or much about where we live. The weather, the social and taxes systems, the culture, the ethnicity and so on. It could be interesting. Sometimes a country, a state or a group of people can be a lot more and much different than we think.

What do you say?

I mean everybody off coursewinking smiley

cali
S
23 March 2005 00:57
I thaught Texas is the only state that is safe from this rainy Season??? Besides the Humidity it's very badsmiling smiley but still I love Houston something about it is speacial to mesmiling smiley
c
31 March 2005 09:08
As i mentioned earlier in this subject i reside in boston

the weather, this year was horrible, it have been a long winter (seven months of cold weather and snow storms), thanks ALLAH , it's almost over.
concerning the taxes system, i don't know if u mean by that the state taxes or the country as a whole.
any way, the sales tax in MASS is 5%,if u mean the system taxes in the country,it is based on federal, state, and local taxes which add up to reach over 52% of our paychecks.
In the social side, masschusettes is a mix of cultures, the majority are the Irish people followed by the haitian people, without forgetting the moroccan immigrants,most of them from mohamadia.

peace out wlad elblad

NAbil
x
31 March 2005 19:33
hello
i'm from romania, bucharest
t
31 March 2005 21:45

Salam,

I m from Brussel, Belgium.
N
2 April 2005 19:02
Hi everybody,

I live in Granada, Spain.

l
7 April 2005 05:44
dear all,

I am from Fairfax, Virginia
moving to sterling in a month smiling smiley

actually it is a sad smiley instead of smiling smiley since it's a heck in the "back" essentially in the exam period
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
D
7 April 2005 06:38
Hello All

good luck to u Nicy smiling smiley keep on smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileying
Peace & Love...
M
7 April 2005 07:49
I guess I'm almost beating every body up when it comes to cold. I live in Sweden and it have been down to -35 where I live.
__________________________________________________________________ La vie et non la naissance annoblit l'homme :-) __________________________________________________________________
H
7 April 2005 15:54
Sunny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thaught Texas is the only state that is safe
> from this rainy Season??? Besides the Humidity
> it's very bad but still I love Houston something
> about it is speacial to me

Sunny,

what's special about Texas? winking smiley
y
yca
12 April 2005 23:32
Hi Krim,

Do you still have any contacts with UCLA tongue sticking out smiley Wanna get an I20 for my MBA there tongue sticking out smiley
Actually I'm in SF, CA
m
13 April 2005 09:00
Sorry Yca I can´t help.
Krim
C
17 April 2005 10:38
Hello everybody! [img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/medien/pc4.gif[/img]

I came back from Morocco three weeks ago and was delighted when I accidently found this English language Moroccoforum on the Internet. The name of “Yabiladi” means that Morocco is the forum-users homecountry, doesn’t it?

Well, I am not from Morocco, but I have been there several times, travelling around. I am really impressed by Moroccan landscapes and nature and the Moroccan people’s friendliness and hospitality. And I love Morrocan mint tea.[img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I would like to participate in your discussions, exchange informations and views about Morocco and intercultural dialogue. So I hope that this forum is not reserved for Moroccan origin users only.

As an answer to Sunnys question, I can tell you that I have been living in Norway for many years, but I was born and brought up in Germany.

I have chosen the nick “Calendula” because this is a flower, which is at home in many countries. Also in Morocco, where I saw lots of wild growing orange Calendula flowers, when we visited Volubilis this year.

B’sslama [img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Calendula
S
17 April 2005 11:57

welcome to you Calendula, be our guest, and beaware that this forum is not only for people of moroccan background, so as I read you, you mentionned that you grew up in Germany but where you live now?
a
17 April 2005 12:31
welcome Calendula, you're in family,
Tell us more about you trip to Morocco...
cheers,
Almot
C
17 April 2005 14:36
Hi, Soprano and Almot!

Thanks for your welcome!

I am living in Norway, have been here for 25 years now.

We have very nice and sunny weather today, so I am sitting in my garden, trying out my laptop in open air. I am living on the west coast of Norway. Usually we have a lot of rain here, but in spring it is often nice and warm. Well, relatively warm, for most Moroccans, I think, would consider this to be winter [img]http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/froehlich/biggrin.gif[/img] . I have just checked the temperature, it is about 15 degrees Celsius, but of course it is warmer in the sun.

I will tell you about our last trip to Morocco later, now my garden is waiting for me to work.

Calendula
t
17 April 2005 16:23

WELCOME TO YOU CALENDULA. THIS SITE IS FOR EVERYBODY THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.

salam.
D
17 April 2005 20:39
Welcome to you Calendula smiling smiley
Peace & Love...
l
18 April 2005 07:19

clandoula marhaban and thousand welcomes

welcome to your forum, your cyber space or simply to your other home

we are delighted that a norvegie has joined the latter

grinning smiley

Calendula a écrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello everybody!
>
>
> I came back from Morocco three weeks ago and was
> delighted when I accidently found this English
> language Moroccoforum on the Internet. The name of
> “Yabiladi” means that Morocco is the forum-users
> homecountry, doesn’t it?
>
> Well, I am not from Morocco, but I have been there
> several times, travelling around. I am really
> impressed by Moroccan landscapes and nature and
> the Moroccan people’s friendliness and
> hospitality. And I love Morrocan mint tea.
>
> I would like to participate in your discussions,
> exchange informations and views about Morocco and
> intercultural dialogue. So I hope that this forum
> is not reserved for Moroccan origin users only.
>
> As an answer to Sunnys question, I can tell you
> that I have been living in Norway for many years,
> but I was born and brought up in Germany.
>
> I have chosen the nick “Calendula” because this is
> a flower, which is at home in many countries. Also
> in Morocco, where I saw lots of wild growing
> orange Calendula flowers, when we visited
> Volubilis this year.
>
> B’sslama
>
> Calendula
>

"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
m
18 April 2005 09:00
Hallo und Willkommen lieber Calendula

Hello and welcome

Ahlan oua Marhaba

I hope you are enjoying fixing up you garden

MFG au Berlin
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook