Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Oil price speculations
l
28 April 2005 04:19
Dear all,

I am speculating on the prices of oil, having some stocks with exxon mobil, I want your thinking about the oil stock exchange.

I have seen that the price of a gallon was reduced by some cents these late week, but is it a sign of stabilization or, as I personnaly think, it is just temporary or even can be considered as (le calme avant la tempete) since the peak driving period where the demande is high is on the approaching summer.

Please share your comments.

By the way XOM stock is still falling in value, is it thnikable good time to invest ?
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
a
28 April 2005 06:36
Dear l9bi7

I believe oil prices are going to be still climbing, and as you said, as the summer is approaching, I personally see no stopping that. No matter what the Saudis do, in the case on the USA, they can’t change anything. They can pump another million B a day, but if the receiving countries can’t refine the amounts they receive, then the high prices are there to stay, and that is the case for the US. I like Exxon but I do not own any of it. if it goes near $ 47-48, then I could see the buying possibility. Just too much right now in my view.
Thanks for Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.
Cheers,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2005 07:20 by almotanabi.
Almot
D
28 April 2005 12:01
Hello bros

I agree with you almotanabi.The Saudis are now pumping very near full capacity and all of OPEC do so as well. OPEC has been trying to lower oil prices to keep the markets stable but without success. Supply is unable to keep up with demand and I think that’s going to be probably worse in the near future.
What’s happening is that world production is hitting its peak now. Actually oil is not running out, but it is reaching its peak.That makes me wonder about the geopolitical implications of all of this...It will be a very critical period, and we can see this tension beginning right now...
The last trade for XOM is 58.38$, it´s a bit high to invest in it and especially risky, don´t you think so l9bi7 ?
Peace & Love...
a
28 April 2005 14:46
Si l9bi7,

Good news for you if you hold Exxon stock, they just reported 7.8 profit...

I also have a suggestion for you l9bi7, if you want we can keep the post you opened for discussions about the market and investments. May be there are people in our forum interested in that. If you could rename it Market investments, or Stocks or anything to point to that. All up to you,,

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2005 02:51 by almotanabi.
Almot
Y
28 April 2005 19:37
HI Folks,

invest in Oil stocks these "days" is the surest thing in my humble Opinion! and No, I don't own it, I am rather a tech and Sports kind of invester!(please wear addidassmiling smiley)!!! Oil stocks have been tempting, and I do think that prices will keep going up. The visit of the Saudi Royalty to Bush's Crawford Ranch did nothing to shake up the market! on the contrary! Profits are being made as we speak. The slower the peace process is and the Longer it takes the Irakis to reconstruct...the Higher the stocks, Oil that is, will go! I even go on a limb to say that, even after the reconstruction that prices will soar beacause the Saudis will reduce the daily production!!! reasons! Do I need to mention that The first rival to the Saudis in Production will be the Iraquis? I would invest in it, but it's too late for me personnaly! Good luck to the owners!

Yani
l
29 April 2005 20:20
Dear all ,

thanks for giving some toughts, I indeed thought as you did that the saudis even if they are expending their supply with the booming demand (Especially from the chineese) it would still create an imbalance btw supply and dd,

but I heard that Crown prince of Saudia will invest 5Billions USD in the near future to expand capabilities of exploitation. and As you all know, prices of all and generally any stock are a variable of speculations, and probable news rather than 100% actual facts.

Now eventough a slight increase of .15% i am still far from breaking even since I bought the stocks 5 days ago and my strategy is agressive investment.

PS: Almot, The idea of an investment thread is not bad, and would be implemented, I just want to have it a bit organized

"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
l
10 July 2005 07:09
Maybe because of whats happened in london, the prices went up dramaticalli (by ~15 cents more or less / a gallon / day .. at least in DC metro area)

but now hearing that prices will go down,

Do giants of oil industry getting birthday cake out of these world shakes ?

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook