Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
passport
r
20 June 2005 04:47
There is a complete discussion going in the Netherlands concerning double nationality. The government wants make a law which prohibits double nationality therefore that one must choose which nationality he wants. So that one can not have a Dutch and American or moroccan passport. Minister Verdonk have gone to Morocco but she has not achieved progress concerning this subject.

What DO you thinkabout double nationality. Why Dutch who are here born still must have a moroccan passport . They are not moroccans because the are dutch with a moroccan orgin
r
20 June 2005 04:54

i forgot some important questions

-How moroccan is somebody who is born in europe

- Is Our relation with Morocco the same as the relation of a hoer with her customer

How many genarations you must wait for stopping the your relation with morrocco
a
20 June 2005 20:17
I know that my view on this could be seen as too something.., but to tell you the truth, I don’t see a problem with people choosing one nationality, yes, it’s really good to have two, and I do benefit from that situation, but if worst come to worst, and I have to choose, I will choose the country who helped me and my family have a better life. My country of origin will always be the same for me, nothing ever will shake the love and relationship between my Morocco, and me, and I will do all I can to teach my kids that and let them know who they are. i see no harm for my religion, too.
I also don’t think I will feel any less Moroccan if I go for a visit and I don’t have a Moroccan passport, our families and friends know very well why we immigrated.
So what are these people who are going to refuse to choose going to do? Leave the Netherlands an return back home with their families? I don’t think so. This could be good for a movie about pride and stuff like that, but I’m afraid the reality is something totally different.

What makes us Moroccans, in my view, is lot more than LA CARTE NATIONALE and lots more than ATAY B-CHIBA also…

This is just my view and sorry to those who see it otherwise.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2005 10:10 by almotanabi.
Almot
r
28 June 2005 17:14
Guys, don't forget some important facts, by taking away your Moroccan citizenship from you you will be denying yourself some rights in your country of origin and not only to your self but your kids and grand children after you.,....Offcourse life is great where you live right now and Morocco wouldn't provide you with what an EU country is providing but this will chnage as nothing lasts, maybe in 200 years or more or less....where was the netherland few centries ago and where was Morocco? time change and nothing stays the same, Morocco could be you choice of living in few years and then what will you do apply for the Moroccan citizenship? and even now their are some advantages of been a Moroccan citizen in Morocco as opposed to been a foreigner. Myself I have the double citizenship too Moroccan/Irish...
What if something happens in the future, WARS again in europe, something like what happened to the jews who didn't find anywhere to go to, don't misunderstand what I'm saying (I'm against Israel and it's policy) but was only given an example where you can see that when things go wrong their is only your origins that can help you....Jews insisted on creating a state on a country that they have never seen in 2000 years so given away this right while you have only been only in Europe for few years (the maximum is under 100 year) seem to be a silly thing to do. if I have to give away my irish citizenship to keep my Moroccan one I will do it without hezitation, offcourse you are free to thing what you want but taught that it's good to share my toughts with you. Thanks guys for the topic
r
28 June 2005 17:52
will also add a little comment on what Kennedy has said one day in response to your comment almotanabi, it's not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country....hopefully you will see Morocco differently not as a touristic place maybe that you can visit and feel a bit home but a different feeling where you feel obliged to do things for your country and guetting rid of your citizenship is the worse that you can do to show your love and support to your country....sorry that was only my honnest opinion
a
28 June 2005 19:23
I can see that my point did not go well here, or was not understood, I also refuse to defend or tell anyone how much my country means to me.
Right now, today, at this moment, if I’m asked to choose ONE nationality, one of my country of origin, and one from my host country, I will choose my host and here are some reasons why:
There’s no way right now that I can make a living for me and my kids in morocco, and while many of you could be from families that are doing well in morocco, that I also provide from from here, like many rme, for my large and poor family, one should not brag about stuff like this, but alhamdou lillah, this country where I’m, had helped my family in a way that can’t be described. I know that many of you don’t know what been poor is like, reading about poverety Is not enough. I suggest that next time you’re going to morocco, let me know and I’ll send you somewhere where you can see what I’m talking about. Don’t tell me about the love of the country because I can tell you what it is, and at the age of 18, when many of you were having fun or may be been born, I was a participant in Al Massirah and experienced thirst and hunger for my country, and while many do all they can to tarnish that period of our history, I proudly hold my card from the green march and prodly talk about it to my American friends.
In conclusion, ones again, if today, I’m asked to choose one passport, I will choose my host country which I feel is my country also, many people depend on me and on what this country provides for them. As for what anyone else thinks, I always did what seems to be right for me, what makes a sense and not what others wants me to do.
What makes one Moroccan, as I said in one post, is more that ones love for Atay Be annaanaa or couscous, it’s what happen to your body when you hear Insiraf Raml Elmaya or Al Herraz with the voice of Toulali, and it’s the blood boiling in you, and sometimes the tears when you hear Manbita al ahrar after Aouita or El guerrouj win. Those my friends are the very emotions that makes us Moroccans.

So while I hope it will never happened, I would not blame Moroccans in Hollande or any where else if they ever choose the passport of their host country, in my eyes, they remain always the same Moroccans, just the same as the ones still in Tinghir, Casa or Oujda.
Peace,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2005 10:58 by almotanabi.
Almot
r
30 June 2005 16:31
Friend almotanabi, I totaly agree with the way you define your love for your country and how you describe it and we are in totale agreement, but plz don't try to make us thing that been poor or rich has anything to do with this choice and in case you have forgotten my friend over 60% of the Moroccan people are poor so no one needs you to show him where poor people live, I'm not trying to attack you here but stating a fact..been related and loving your country has nothing to do with been poor or rich, don't we get really pissed (sorry for the word) when rich people do nasty things to their country like escaping with millions of dollars to another country ans ask for exile?
So my friend no one is questioning your citizenship and how you feel about your country if you do have to choose one citizenship but I was talking about the chnace that you or your kids and descendance could be missing by giving up this right. I'm born on 74 so didn't have a chnace to be in the green march and to you I say good of you to have participated but don't forget that hundreds of toushands have participated.
One more thing I can add is choosing to stay Moroccan and giving up your EU or American citizenship (in general) isn't the end of the world, you do know that if you are not citizen you are a foreigner and you can still live legaly in the host country, and to add my friend most Moroccans if not all do take care of their families back home in Morocco and send money on regular basis so you are no exception....I do this.....and most of the Moroccans do it including yourself.
But if you feel been also American or Deutsh or french as much as you are Moroccan or more then it is your right to opt for been American or ....my perspective, I was giving it based on what I think and not for people who thing that they are as much citizen of the host country....the answer is: if you feel more Deutsh than Moroccan then you can choose the deutsh citizenship but for people who feel more Moroccan than their host country, they should opt for keeping their Moroccan citizenship...been poor or rich has nothing to do with it Friend but it's about how you feel about each if the 2 countries.,,,,,,good luck
a
30 June 2005 17:22
Been poor or rich has everything to do with my friend, no been able to provide for your family is what made most if not all of us leave our country and families in the first place, it’s the reason why so many sane and in most of the times educated people jump in the ocean trying to cross to rich Europe. It has everything to do with it and here’s why again, if I know I can provide for my family by living in morocco, I would leave tomorrow and no country can entice me to have its citizenship no matter how great it is. And no my friend, not all Moroccans here have needy families back home waiting for their help, I met many rich kids in this country who were from rich Moroccan families, and who were receiving big checks here from papas in Casablanca or Rabat, trust me there are many mrefhine right here.
When I mentioned the fact that I, like most immigrants send help back home, I added that it was not for bragging nor denying the fact that most of us do, but to show why I will do the unthinkable to continue to have that option, and that by choosing my host country passport.
I always make sure to let my friends on this forum know that I speak my mind and never mean to disrespect anyone. And so if by any chance I did to you, accept my apologies.
Salaam,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 05:40 by almotanabi.
Almot
r
30 June 2005 17:48
not at all almotanabi, I haven't felt at any stage that you disrespected me or anyone in the forum...it was just a discussion and I have been saying my bit and you have been saying yours friend.....what you are saying and I'm saying I think is the exact same but our conclusions are different...but hey, that's what forums are for Friend....good luck and I really hope that you will never have to choose between your host country citizenship and Morocco's....and trust me it's out of love for my Moroccan friends that I said what I said. Thanks for the reply and good luck Friend

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook