Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Paris burns
m
8 November 2005 09:01
[www.fredoneverything.net]
Paris Burns Again
Let's Roast Frankfurters
November 7, 2005
Paris burns, crackling and popping as merrily as a Yule log when England was still Merrie and still English. Moslems prance about setting things alight, cars incinerate briskly, and the police suck their thumbs. Diversity. Oh yes. And more to come.

Time and again these days, national governments let in all sorts of people who belong somewhere else. Pretty soon the country has so many that the government comes to fear them. At that point the problem passes beyond easy solution. So politicians paper over everything, and make concessions to buy a year’s peace. The newcomers breed and increase. By and by the remaining possibilities are acquiescence or civil war.

Which latter, boys and girls, isn’t impossible.
The assiduously courted invasion usually rests on a curious idealism that I find hard to credit in adults. The notion is that we are all just people, brothers under the skin, that all we need is love and understanding, black and white together, kum bah ya; only a few reactionary forces need to be stilled to bring about universal bliss. This happy thought doesn’t surprise me among students in high school. Politicians aren’t.

Has no one noticed that diversity doesn’t work? Putting together peoples with little in common begs for trouble, usually with success. It is the chief source of the world’s bloodshed and enmity.

Look around you. Start with Canada, where the Brits and French detest each other. Drop down to the USA, where black, white, and brown wait uneasily for no one is sure what; the lid is held on by Washington, which acts as a sort of federal Tito. There are Hindus and Moslems in India, Tamils and Sinhalese in Sri Lanka, blacks and whites in South Africa, Moslems and Buddhists in Thailand, Turks and Germans in Germany, Vietnamese and Montagnards in Vietnam, Moslems and animists in the Sudan, Jews and Moslems in Israel, Cambodians and Vietnamese in Cambodia, Protestants and Catholics in Ireland, Indians and Mexicans in Chiapas, Basques and Spaniards in Spain, Indians and Fijians in Fiji.

But what have facts to do with foreign relations? It is much more entertaining to base policy on adolescent theories and see what happens.

When the anticipated melding fails and riots ensue, the response is to try to buy, or legislate, the impossible. Invariably the cry arises that the government hasn’t done enough for the indigent arrivals. We must spend more money on welfare, on schools, on special programs to raise the unraisable and mix the immiscible. It is our fault really. We need to change our outmoded attitudes, require classes on ethnic sensitivity, celebrate the culture of the new incompatibles. We will have National Islamic History Week, and children will make mosques from construction paper. That will fix everything.

Instead the problem gets worse. The majority population becomes angrier, but has no recourse. The government is against them. The immigrants can loot and burn, and nothing is likely to happen to them: Punishing their misbehavior would engender more violence, which the government wants to avoid at any cost. If the citizenry defend themselves, as for example by shooting arsonists, the government will put them in prison. Citizens have much to lose; the malefactors do not.

A spring is thus wound.
Moslems in particular are poison. A failed civilization, Islam sends its unsuccessful, thus double failures, to Europe. They gravitate to slums because they can do nothing else. Cohesive, angry, ineffectual, with no loyalty to their new home, they neither flourish nor assimilate. Resentment grows among them. And so the cities burn.

Which is interesting. In the United States, the hostility of Islam is often attributed to American support of Israel. Beyond doubt, there is truth in this. It does not explain the riots in Paris, the papered-over violence in other European countries, the Islamic terrorism in Russia and in southern Thailand, the anti-Christian fighting in East Timor, or the terror in Kashmir. Moslems are trouble.

Immigration is not prima facie a bad idea. It depends on who you let in. Some immigrants can assimilate. If for example the United States allows the entry of moderate numbers of reasonably educated Chinese, nothing untoward will happen. The Chinese share such crucial European traits as studiousness and respect for law. In fact they are superior to the white population in both respects. Consequently they arouse little hostility and not a little admiration. They may congregate for a generation or so in Chinatown, but the term designates a place where a lot of Chinese live, not a hostile ghetto.

Other immigrants cannot assimilate. Most especially practitioners of Islam cannot prosper in Europe. Watch.
Incomprehensibly, permitting their entry has been a deliberate decision. Europe could have kept these swarming newcomers out by simply not letting them in. No visa, no work permit, instant deportation. It didn’t. Now France and Holland are on the edge. Amsterdam could be the next Paris. England, once a delightful land of safety and civility, becomes in parts a North African slum. I have no sympathy. They made the choice. But why did they do it?

For that matter, if Washington wanted to end the illegal immigration of Latinos, it could do so in a paragraph: Establish a fine of five thousand dollars a day for employing illegals or renting them accommodations, half of it to go to the person turning the offender in; require proof of citizenship for welfare in any form, or use of the schools; allow police to demand a green card at their discretion; put the army along the border with orders to shoot. It won’t happen, of course. I don’t care, but let’s not be surprised at the consequences.

What the French need to do, but won’t, is to send the army into the Islamic slums, round up the whole lot, and put them ashore on the beaches of North Africa with a box lunch and a coupon for three free Dunkin Donuts. It isn’t a pretty answer. It’s a lot prettier than what seems to be coming down the pike.

Ah, but there is the little matter that the enlisted ranks of the French army are heavily Moslem. Again, the more you let in, the less you can do about them. For France, I’d guess that the war is over, though the fighting just begins.

People and governments by nature temporize, avert their eyes from forthcoming catastrophe, eschew the needful but unpleasant, and do not readily believe that the status quo can abruptly change. But it can, and does, and is. Meanwhile absurd intellectuals write pointless articles in glossy magazines. Soon it will be too late for civilized answers.

Then what? That is the question.

G
8 November 2005 09:43
Good morning Krim.

I have just finished to read an article on an italian newspaper.

Mr. Farid, a father of four has reached Paris, or better "le banlieu de Paris", loooong time ago from a small village close to the Algerian-Moroccan border, with sacrifices he was able to have all his family here and open up a food shop. His sons born in France all of them.

On top of all the other very interesting considerations done, one thing really hits me:
This man, talking about his sons, the friends of his sons, the sons of his neighbourhood said: (Hope my translation gives the idea)

"unfortunately our sons dont have memories, they are not homesick, they have NO ispiration toward integrity in this or that country, they just think about an easy way of making money"

In a few words he resumes the "uncomfortableness" of these new generations, sons of immigrants, born in the guesting country, but not at all integrated, and i add not only for the darker skin color.....
p
8 November 2005 14:15
Well ! First of all Fred's views speak for them selves & show how much he is targetting Muslims also how little does he know abour immigration in France !

For Fred & the likes .lets say :

1-The Youth out in the street of Paris now are French ! 3rd Generation .
2- Not all Muslims
3 - In the second world war the french started bringing able men from their colonies & brought them to France & else where to fight .
4- After the War France pulled more able men to build the country ,roads,mines ....also encouraged them to have kids as the population has declinied after the war .
5- France is harvesting what its policians started years back by segrated immigrants & encouraging the institutional rasism .

For the Muslims contributions to Fred & the likes go back to History ! Andalouse ,Algebra,Averroès.......................
p
8 November 2005 14:38
""unfortunately our sons dont have memories, they are not homesick, they have NO ispiration toward integrity in this or that country, they just think about an easy way of making money"

In a few words he resumes the "uncomfortableness" of these new generations, sons of immigrants, born in the guesting country, but not at all integrated, and i add not only for the darker skin color....."

on which planet are we?

anyone bothering about why things happen to be the way they are?

why do you think these sons don t have "these" memories?
Homesick? which home the one your parents/ ancestors struggled to give you? or the non-existing one that you dream of (adopted/ or not)?

isn t it just what everyone is thinking about: an easy way of making money? europeans, americans (who once were nothing else but JUST immigrants), poor/ rich africans aso...

uncomfortableness? when does the bloody guesting contry stop to be just a guesting one for humans whith other skins thant "white"?

we all are nothing else but EARTHIANS!

a salute for peace as a human right!!!
p
8 November 2005 15:10
Intolerant (cruel/ stupid) people seem in particular to be a dangerous cancer, A severe Disease which condemns to death no matter what!

The opportunist leaders (coming to the power by the intolerants) explaine their doubtful, unsuccessful, contraproductive explaining models/ projects whith (surprise-surprise) Islam, third world, poverty elsewhere, immigrants aso.

And so the bleeding on Earth goes on!

Shame on .......
m
9 November 2005 10:29
Dear Georgina
Farid is talking about his sons like he is not part of the problem.
He is the first to blame fo the lack of education, discipline, moral values missing in the behaviour of his sons.
The second to blame is the french governement. These irresponsable politicians knew and know what they brought to France. These immigrants are generally illeterates, or relatively illeterates. They were exploited to build up the french economy. They had little time and little salaries and little knowledge to afford a good education for their kids. The french authorities should have invest in kids education from the early stages by providing a better environments for the kids. No one did care.
Now they have a big problem. At the heart of this lack of interest in educating these kids is racism.
Even for those immigrants kids who did work hard in studying and do have very good résumé are discriminated. They are even not invited for interviews just because of their names and origin. At the heart of this lack of interest in hiring these peoples is racism.
Believe it or not it is true

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2005 10:34 by Krim.
G
9 November 2005 10:55
Ciao Krim.

I could not agree more with you. As an italian that has lived in England long time, i was italian in my house, but "outside" i was trying hard to conform myself to the english way of life, rules, advantages or disadvantages.
Being a woman, thinking about growing up my future children in a country that is not mine.... well.... you gotta compromise, of course i would want them to speak italian, and appreciate italian stuffs but for THEM, only for THEIR sake i would definitely try hard in order to have them treated and have a perception of themselves as a first class citizen.

Having said that, i also wanna state that the French Gov has make his own big mistakes regarding the immigration policy and is now paying the consequences.
l
10 November 2005 10:17
There was a recent thread on here asking about how tolerant certain countries are to ethnic minorities. I was astonished this week to find out that France has no legislation forcing employers to give equal rights to ethnic minorities! But my heart was gladdened when reading on another forum - LivingFrance - which is a forum for us Brits resident in France. They are debating the riots in their 'postbag' (a general forum for all sorts of topics) It is great to read how much support the contributors to the forum have for the ethnic minorities. It just shows the high rate of tolerance in the UK from the ordinary population. In the UK, companies above a certain number of employees (sorry - I can't remember how many) must by law employ a given percentage of ethnic minority applicants.
G
10 November 2005 10:36
Lurcher21

yes you are right.
The problem is that a high number of northafrican immigrants here in italy think that in france their situation would be better.... But they dont know how the reality is.

I try to explain that if better means moroccans or tunisian or algerian ghettos well .... no comment!

i testified too in that thread about the tolerancy toward immigrant that UK has.
m
14 November 2005 05:26
Salaam,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>In the UK, companies above a certain number of employees (sorry - I can't remember how many) must by law employ a given percentage of ethnic minority applicants.

That is what's Affirmative action is all about. But the frenchs need all the time a revolution to understand it. Too late Too little.
l
14 November 2005 10:03
I am myself an immigrant in France (but from the UK!) so it's not for me to criticise the French system. But everything I see here makes me so frustrated as France seems to be shooting herself in the foot - not only on immigration matters but on lots of other issues too, like employment and the economy. With a little reform she could be so strong. It's a shame.
p
15 November 2005 17:19
I come a cross thsi article ,its long but a lot of cencerning ,false & misleading infos that they are feeding the west at the moments ,the article :

In view of what is happening in France right now, this article
certainly hits the nail on the head....

This is for everyone to read regardless of your political affiliation.

I had no idea who General Chong is or the source of these thoughts...
so when I received them, I almost deleted them - as well-written as
they are. But then I did a "Google search" on the General and found him
to be a retired Air Force Surgeon of all things and past Commander of
Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio. So he is real, is connected
to Veterans affairs, and these are his thoughts. They are worth reading
and thinking about!(the same Google search will direct you to some of
his other thought-provoking writings.)

If you would like information on General Chong, go to Google and type
in his name. All of the following is something that everyone should
read.

This WAR is for REAL!

To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it. Our country
is now facing the most serious threat to its existence, as we know it,
that we have faced in your lifetime and mine (which includes WWII).

The deadly seriousness is greatly compounded by the fact that there are
very few of us who think we can possibly lose this war and even fewer
who realize what losing really means.

First, let's examine a few basics:

1. When did the threat to us start?

Many will say September 11, 2001. The answer as far as the United
States is concerned is 1979, 22 years prior to September 2001, with the
following attacks on us:

* Iran Embassy Hostages, 1979;
* Beirut, Lebanon Embassy 1983;
* Beirut, Lebanon Marine Barracks 1983;
* Lockerbie, Scotland Pan-Am flight to New York 1988;
* First New York World Trade Center attack 1993;
* Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Khobar Towers Military complex 1996;
* Nairobi, Kenya US Embassy 1998;
* Dares Salaam, Tanzania US Embassy 1998;
* Aden, Yemen USS Cole 2000;
* New York World Trade Center 2001;
* Pentagon 2001.

(Note that during the period from 1981 to 2001 there were 7,581
terrorist attacks worldwide).

2. Why were we attacked?

Envy of our position, our success, and our freedoms. The attacks
happened during the administrations of Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush
1, Clinton and Bush 2. We cannot fault either the Republicans or
Democrats as there were no provocations by any of the presidents or
their immediate predecessors, Presidents Ford or Carter.

3. Who were the attackers?

In each case, the attacks on the US were carried out by Muslims.

4. What is the Muslim population of the World? 25%.

5. Isn't the Muslim Religion peaceful?

Hopefully, but that is really not material. There is no doubt that the
predominately Christian population of Germany was peaceful, but under
the dictatorial leadership of Hitler (who was also Christian), that
made no difference. You either went along with the administration or
you were eliminated. There were 5 to 6 million Christians killed by the
Nazis for political reasons (including 7,000 Polish priests). (see
[www.nazis.testimony.co.uk] )

Thus, almost the same number of Christians were killed by the Nazis, as
the six million holocaust Jews who were killed by them, and we seldom
heard of anything other than the Jewish atrocities. Although Hitler
kept the world focused on the Jews, he had no hesitancy about killing
anyone who got in his way of exterminating the Jews or of taking over
the world - German, Christian or any others.

Same with the Muslim terrorists. They focus the world on the US, but
kill all in the way -- their own people or the Spanish, French or
anyone else. The point here is that just like the peaceful Germans were
of no protection to anyone from the Nazis, no matter how many peaceful
Muslims there may be, they are no protection for us from the terrorist
Muslim l! eaders and what they are fanatically bent on doing -- by
their own pronouncements -- killing all of us "infidels." I don't blame
the peaceful Muslims. What would you do if the choice was shut up or
die?

6. So who are we at war with?

There is no way we can honestly respond that it is anyone other than
the Muslim terrorists. Trying to be politically correct and avoid
verbalizing this conclusion can well be fatal. There is no way to win
if you don't clearly recognize and articulate who you are fighting.

So with that background, now to the two major questions:

1. Can we lose this war?

2. What does losing really mean?

If we are to win, we must clearly answer these two pivotal questions.

We can definitely lose this war, and as anomalous as it may sound, the
major reason we can lose is that so many of us simply do not fathom the
answer to the second question - What does losing mean?

It would appear that a great many of us think that! losing the war
means hanging our heads, bringing the troops home and going on about
our business, like post Vietnam. This is as far from the truth as one
can get. What losing really means is:

We would no longer be the premier country in the world. The attacks
will not subside, but rather will steadily increase. Remember, they
want us dead, not just quiet. If they had just wanted us quiet, they
would not have produced an increasing series of attacks against us,
over the past 18 years. The plan was clearly, for terrorist to attack
us, until we were neutered and submissive to them.

We would of course have no future support from other nations, for fear
of reprisals and for the reason that they would see, we are impotent
and cannot help them.

They will pick off the other non-Muslim nations, one at a time. It will
be increasingly easier for them. They already hold Spain hostage. It
doesn't matter whether it was right or wrong for Spain to withdraw its
troops from Iraq. Spain did it because the Muslim terrorists bombed
their train and told them to withdraw the troops. Anything else they
want Spain to do will be done. Spain is finished.

The next will probably be France. Our one hope on France is that they
might see the light and realize that if we don't win, they are finished
too, in that they can't resist the Muslim terrorists without us.
However, it may already be too late for France. France is already 20%
Muslim and fading fast!

If we lose the war, our production, income, exports and way of life
will all vanish as we know it. After losing, who would trade or deal
with us, if they were threatened by the Muslims.

If we can't stop the Muslims, how could anyone else?

The Muslims fully know what is riding on this war, and therefore are
completely committed to winning, at any cost. We better know it too and
be likewise committed to winning at any cost.

Why do I go on at such lengths about the results of losing? Simple.
Until we recognize the costs of losing, we cannot unite and really put
100% of our thoughts! and efforts into winning. And it is going to take
that 100% effort to win.

So, how can we lose the war?

Again, the answer is simple. We can lose the war by "imploding." That
is, defeating ourselves by refusing to recognize the enemy and their
purpose, and really digging in and lending full support to the war
effort. If we are united, there is no way that we can lose. If we
continue to be divided, there is no way that we can win!

Let me give you a few examples of how we simply don't comprehend the
life and death seriousness of this situation.

President Bush selects Norman Mineta as Secretary of Transportation.
Although all of the terrorist attacks were committed by Muslim men
between 17 and 40 years of age, Secretary Mineta refuses to allow
profiling. Does that sound like we are taking this thing seriously?
This is war! For the duration, we are going to have to give up some of
the civil rights we have become accustomed to. We had better be
prepared to lose some of our civil rights temporarily or we will most
certainly lose all of them permanently.

And don't worry that it is a slippery slope. We gave up plenty of civil
rights during WWII, and immediately restored them after the victory and
in fact added many more since then.

Do I blame President Bush or President Clinton before him?

No, I blame us for blithely assuming we can maintain all of our
Political Correctness, and all of our civil rights during this conflict
and have a clean, lawful, honorable war. None of those words apply to
war. Get them out of your head.

Some have gone so far in their criticism of the war and/or the
Administration that it almost seems they would literally like to see us
lose. I hasten to add that this isn't because they are disloyal. It is
because they just don't recognize what losing means. Nevertheless, that
conduct gives the impression to the enemy that we are divided and
weakening. It concerns our friends, and it does great damage to our
cause.

Of more recent vintage, the uproar fueled by the politicians and media
regarding the treatment of some prisoners of war, perhaps exemplifies
best what I am saying. We have recently had an issue, involving the
treatment of a few Muslim prisoners of war, by a small group of our
military police. These are the type prisoners who just a few months ago
were throwing their own people off buildings, cutting off their hands,
cutting out their tongues and otherwise murdering their own people just
for disagreeing with Saddam Hussein.

And just a few years ago these same type prisoners chemically killed
400,000 of their own people for the same reason. They are also the same
type enemy fighters, who recently were burning Americans, and dragging
their charred corpses through the streets of Iraq.

And still more recently, the same type enemy that was and is providing
videos to all news sources internationally, of the beheading of
American prisoners they held.

Compare this with some of our press and politicians, who for several
days have thought and talked about nothing else but the "humiliating"
of some Muslim prisoners -- not burning them, not dragging their
charred corpses through the streets, not beheading them, but
"humiliating" them.

Can this be for real?

The politicians and pundits have even talked of impeachment of the
Secretary of Defense. If this doesn't show the complete lack of
comprehension and understanding of the seriousness of the enemy we are
fighting, the life and death struggle we are in and the disastrous
results of losing this war, nothing can.

To bring our country to a virtual political standstill over this
prisoner issue makes us look like Nero playing his fiddle as Rome
burned -- totally oblivious to what is going on in the real world.
Neither we, nor any other country, can survive this internal strife.
Again I say, this does not mean that some of our politicians or media
people are disloyal. It simply means that they are absolutely oblivious
to the magnitude, of the situation we are in and into which the Muslim
terrorists have been pushing us, for many years.

Remember, the Muslim terrorists stated goal is to kill all infidels!
That translates into ALL non-Muslims -- not just in the United States,
but throughout the world.

We are the last bastion of defense.

We have been criticized for many years as being 'arrogant.' That charge
is valid in at least one respect. We are arrogant in that we believe
that we are so good, powerful and smart, that we can win the hearts and
minds of all those who attack us, and that with both hands tied behind
our back, we can defeat anything bad in the world!

We can't!

If we don't recognize this, our nation as we know it will not survive,
and no other free country in the world will survive if we are defeated.

And finally, name any Muslim countries throughout the world that allow
freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of religion, freedom of
the press, equal rights for anyone -- let alone everyone, equal status
or any status for women, or that have been productive in one single way
that contributes to the good of the world.

This has been a long way of saying that we must be united on this war
or we will be equated in the history books to the self-inflicted fall
of the Roman Empire. If, that is, the Muslim leaders will allow history
books to be written or read.

If we don't win this war right now, keep a close eye on how the Muslims
take over France in the next 5 years or less. They w! ill continue to
increase the Muslim population of France and continue to encroach
little by little, on the established French traditions. The French will
be fighting among themselves, over what should or should not be done,
which will continue to weaken them and keep them from any united
resolve. Doesn't that sound eerily familiar?

Democracies don't have their freedoms taken away from them by some
external military force. Instead, they give their freedoms away,
politically correct piece by politically correct piece.

And they are giving those freedoms away to those who have shown,
worldwide, that they abhor freedom and will not apply it to you or even
to themselves, once they are in power.

They have universally shown that when they have taken over, they then
start brutally killing each other over who will be the few who control
the masses. Will we ever stop hearing from the politically correct,
about the "peaceful Muslims"?

I close on a hopeful note, by repeating what I said above. If we are
united, there is no way that we can lose. I hope now after the
election, the factions in our country will begin to focus on the
critical situation we are in, and will unite to save our country. It is
your future we are talking about! Do whatever you can to preserve it.

After reading the above, we all must do this not only for ourselves,
but our children, our grandchildren, our country and the world.

Whether Democrat or Republican, conservative or liberal and that
includes the Politicians and media of our country and the free world!

Please forward this to any you feel may want, or NEED to read it. Our
"leaders" in Congress ought to read it, too.

There are those that find fault with our country, but it is obvious to
anyone who truly thinks through this, that we must UNITE!
Y
17 November 2005 03:23
It's sad that we're down to EAST And WEST in this mess of wars that are triggered by a feeling of supremacy, stubborness, religio-stupidity and je ne sais quoi! Look at the news! Every piece that's alarmist sells and draws an audience that's both sane and stupid! The sane ones try to debate whereas the Stupid applaude and instill even more panick in the sane audience that's going nuts because the ground for a debate is not level, voir meme non-existent.

To go to the general's piece, I wish he'd gone way back tracing the origins of these reactions and turmoil: starting by the 1979 events utterly leaves WWI and II,the U.S and The Japanese history, The Korean War, VIETNAM...Mankind's obsession with WIN WIN WIN is a failure in itself...it seems Rombo is a Figure that should be mentioned again and again! It's a machine that was "brainwashed" to defend a cause but in the MainLAnd there was no support for it.The scars of the PAst's failures are there and the attempt to eradicat them is a seen through muscle flexing in different fronts...

The real threat is that we're no longer thinking of ourselves as human beings, somebody used a better word; EARTHIANS, worthy of living together...No! One group has to evercomne Whatever secretive deficiency (IES) it has, and that frustrations comes in the form of an angry message be that start with A Faulty Speech based on fabricated facts that leads to bigger mistakes that cost lives on both sides. What a pity.
Peace.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook