Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccans in Canada
h
27 August 2009 02:37
Salam
I want to ask my compatriotes in Canada to tell me about situation there?
I am spanish-moroccan. I am thinking to leave Spain and to begin a new life in another country, and Canada seems nice country to live: Waht do you think?
Can you advice me? to telle me about work, life in this country?
Thank you?
Salam and Ramadan mobarak
s
27 August 2009 10:57
hi there
what i can tell you that canada is not really the apropriate place for you
concidering that you are spanish
and plus it s so far and expensive (it s very cold in there which makes it at high risk to catch the swine flu)
why dont you try germany or england
i m british and i like living in here it s cool
at the end of the day the choice is yours mate and good luckBye
h
28 August 2009 02:23
Thank you Salma for your advice.
I was thinking about England or Irland , but I don tknow I think thas situation is bad in all europe.ut it is a possibility too.
Thank you. you animate this Forum.
Salam
D
28 August 2009 22:22
salma49
hi there
what i can tell you that canada is not really the apropriate place for you
concidering that you are spanish
and plus it s so far and expensive (it s very cold in there which makes it at high risk to catch the swine flu)
why dont you try germany or england
i m british and i like living in here it s cool
at the end of the day the choice is yours mate and good luckBye

Hi Salma !

Can you be me more explicit because I don't understand your piece of advice. What is the link between the fact that he is spanish and that Canada is not the appropriate place for him.

Have you heard about the swine flu Salma ? It's almost everywhere in the world and not only in Canada. The risk is high in England too.

Again what is the link between swine flu and cold weather ? Maybe i'm mistaken , if so, explain it to me please. Thank you.

Bye !
s
1 September 2009 04:04
Hi Their,

I live in Canada since 1986. It's a wonderful country. If you are confortable in English, come to Toronto. I know most Moroccans go to Montreal because of the French but here in Toronto, you will have more Job opportunities. But depending on your work experience and education. Cold, yes it's cold. Depending on your priorities. Any other questions, I will be happy to help you.

Don't worry, swine Flue is everywhere now. grinning smiley
h
1 September 2009 16:38
thank u Sandra
thank you for animating me to go there, but as you see my nglish is not so good, but i know that I have to improve it. A bout my work, I don t know what oportunities i will have there,, because I have just experience inteaching spanish. I know that its not enough but I have to try it.
Thanks Sandra
K
3 September 2009 19:01
Hi Hamouda,

First of all you are welcome.

Second just believe on yourself because no one will do it at your place.
Then If I have to say something about Canada is that: it’s not easy but nothing (absolutely nothing) is impossible.
I am here for almost 6 years and this is the right decision I ever did in my life. I like this country. Things were not so easy as people could think, I struggled a lot before to have a normal life and now I am living a quite good life al hamdoulillah .

So to be honest you need about 2 years before to find you way. Canada is one of the most attractive countries in the word, it ranked always among the 4 top of the Human Development countries in the world (according to the UNESCO), so that means a loooot !

You can find a good quality of life where ever you go, but it also depends on your way of life. So nothing could be expensive as long as you are working and have a normal life. When you think about how much things cost (expenditure) before to say it’s expensive , compare to your salary : you got the point ? winking smiley

You said that you speak Spanish, well that’s good, but not enough. I will explain:
It’s good, because here after French and English, Spanish and Chinese are the two most used languages in Canada, maybe if you think about teaching Spanish it could be a good deal for you. (Plus your own job). Think about it my friend.

It’s not enough: because there are two official language in Canada : French and English (mostly English). Let me be clear, if you do not speak English you will find hard time my dear. Believe me I know what I am talking about.

The Work : it depends on your field of activity, your diploma, and moreover : you attitude. The more your attitude is posisive the better you are and the luckiest you will be to find a position.
To clarify this purpose, I always said to people: it’s not lots of money neither a great Résumé (High caliber in your CV, academic background etc…) that could help you to have success in Canada. The only thing that could really makes you reach the real Canadian life and succeed is YOUR Attitude (those factors that are integrated in your personality and your behave against any experiences bad or good). Because those Attitudes will never be obsolete (as your resume) and will never dissipate or go to waste (as money).

Montréal, Toronto, others...:People who are comfortable with french choos Montreal, and those with englis choose Toronto, and only adventurous choose the others. There is also life in Québec city, Sherborooke, trois-rivières, gatineau, (those are in Frenc area , Quebec province), and there is also life, in Ottawa, Kingston, Halifax, Vancouver, calgary, Victora, Régina, etccc...

Cold: yes Canada it’s a cold country. Nobody deny it, but remember this :
It’s only heads and pockets when they are empties that you feel the real cold: when people talk about things and know how to deal with it and you feel alone do not even know what they are talking about and how they know all that… then you feel a terrible cold. It’s also when you don’t have enough money to feed your sweet child and even by trying hardly to scratch the end of your draw and pocket and find nothing to put on table that you will feel the real cold.

The warm of human rights of this great country will make you forget the cold weather.
h
4 September 2009 01:28
dear Kabil
let me to thank you for yopur patience and your informations, It seems very logical. You have a cummon sense and i agre with you in all what you said. the biginning is always ificult.
Thank you to for animating me to decide myself and to try my luck there.

For me Wither is not a problem, i am living in north of Spain and here it s raining all time. maybe not so cold.

I Request permission of Travailleur qualifié. I don t know what chance i will have , and neither ho many time i need to wait for their OK ?

I don t know if there is another way to do it, beacuse I don t like to wait alot and to lose time. I lost enough time in my life hahaha

I think that i can to come there to spend 6 months without visa because i have spanish citizenship, but i don t know if I can to resolve something there during those 6 months, or if is possible to stay there and to request permission from there.

I hope you understand my english. it s bad sorry

Si I think you soon and i hope you luck in your life
Happy Ramadan
s
4 September 2009 22:14
I have a question, how big is the Moroccan community in Canada.
K
6 September 2009 04:32
Hi SBS2000

Some statistics accredit that the Moroccan community living in Canada is for about than 46,287 souls, and it's the largest of North African origin.
Over the past three years, more than 11,000 Moroccans were arrived to Canada as permanent residents, while 7,500 others have been admitted as temporary workers, according to official data.

39,474 are in Quebec.

I sidh you good luck hamouda
s
6 September 2009 16:37
46,287 is not that much, small community.
K
9 September 2009 02:56
sbs2000
46,287 is not that much, small community.

so ?
m
3 March 2010 15:34
i want to imigrate to canada what can i do?
l
4 March 2010 00:57
Good morning Brothers and sisters, How are you all doing ?. Well, i am sure that you do not know me yet but i am here to share my story with you. i am a Moroccan man. The reason i got on yabiladi is that i have been looking for Moroccans who live in Australia. I am married to an Australian woman and inshallah will be travelling soon to be with her as the decision to be granted the visa was taken on the 15 of February ( last month ) . Now, i want to know about the process to get the visa as you know, here in Morocco, we do not have neither an Australian embassy nor consulat,..and about the time left to get it,,, are they going to ask me to travel to Egypt or to france or to get or they will have to send it to me to the Canadian Embassy in Rabat where i will have to go to get it..i will be more than happy to hear back from you.
Regards,
Hicham
m
8 March 2010 00:29
hello everyone

Me also and my husband will be worth ncha allah to immigrate in Canada; I would be worth knowledge of information concerning the procedures; we live in Madrid.

Thank you so much o lah idir li fiha khir
m
8 March 2010 00:30
hello everyone

Me also and my husband will be worth ncha allah to immigrate in Canada; I would be worth knowledge of information concerning the procedures; we live in Madrid.

Thank you so much o lah idir li fiha khir.
a
10 March 2010 01:22
Anywhere in canada is better than Spain. if you are young and speak a few languages you can learn and really do well; you just found the missing map of the treasure.
if not, Allah essahal a3elik ma aceaabe a kh7ouya.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
m
10 March 2010 13:59
Amine yarabi o jami3

Noone answer me about my questions .
v
10 March 2010 14:41
mariage2008,

Here's a good link: [www.cic.gc.ca]

Good luck

V.
f
12 February 2013 04:47
hello

well i wanted to share my story, am Moroccan girl i graduated from University of science Major Physics 2010 so as everybody know the lack of the offers in Morocco I decided to take Masters in the Philippines!! I know everybody now will have question mark :s
well as u know there is no relationship between Morocco and Philippines, even u can enter the Philippines without Visa, well the reason y i chose Asia because I didnt have other choice but inside myself i was thinking positively and the importnat thing is to start moving, since I applied to study in Canada 2005 and i got accepted but unfortunatlly my family refused to help me to get there so yeah.

i finished my masters in materials science and Engineering in philippines and hamdoulilah i found a work ( in different field) in one of the american companies, i worked for almost one year with them, then i found better job ( atleast i was thinking its better job) in one of the embassies.

now MY FRIENDS i want to fallow my dream and Inshaallah i will apply this coming JULY to get a visa from CANADA.

I dont know how can i make it, i was thinking to study there PhD but i cant afford to pay the fees!!

if u have any suggestion i will be very happy!!

Thank you and God bless u all.
l
19 April 2013 03:54
Hi everybody
L am marocaine girl from belgium And at this moment l am in Ottawa
L havé friend who help me hère
L would like to go to toronto And Montréal , so someone CAN help me please?
l
19 April 2013 03:55
Hi everybody
L am marocaine girl from belgium And at this moment l am in Ottawa
L havé friend who help me hère
L would like to go to toronto And Montréal , so someone CAN help me please?
Any help That you CAN thank you
M
21 April 2013 11:35
Please can you help me get this email to El Houcine Fardani at the Moroccan embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. Many thanks for your assistance.

Dear Mr Fardani

My name is Mohamed Arsalani, a British national residing in Brunei Darussalam, south east Asia.

I am writing in reference to the article "Boujam'a died unnoticed", which appeared on 'hespress.com' Wednesday 17th April 2013. The article is about Boujam'a, a Moroccan descendent who lived all his life in Vietnam. He left behind a Vietnamese wife and two children. There is a family of 12 people related to Boujam'a living in a village called Dao Hoang, 150 km from Hanoi.

I would very much appreciate your assistance as I am planning to pay a visit to the family of Boujam'a in June 2013. This is a humanitarian visit to offer financial assistance to his family and close relatives.

For you information I have never been to Vietnam and don't speak Vietnamese. Thus I am contacting you to find out if you are able to coordinate this humanitarian endeavour to reach out for our Moroccan nationals.

I trust to hear from you shortly so that we can talk further about the assistance I need from your side.

Best wishes

Mohamed Arsalani
+6738801602
Bandar Seri Begawan
Brunei Darussalam
[email protected]
s
2 May 2013 19:48
Salaam alikom
well , im a student engineer now ,i still have 1 year to get the diploma Inchalah and i want to go to Canada because i ve heard that there is a possibilty of working there for morroccan engineers ?? if there is any information about that please can u help me
thank you
g
27 May 2016 21:25
Hi M.qabil,
Thank you for all informations you provide to people who need it.its kind and generous from you.thanks.
I m a moroccan woman,married living in toronto,i have master in finance from morocco and 10 years experience, if you can advice me please.if you know somebody who have the same profil as me and you would like to share his story with me,or anybody who get a chance to read my request and want to help by giving me and others like me informations and sharing your experiences.
Thank you very much.wish all the best to eveybody.
i
14 July 2016 18:02
Bonjour,
je suis ingénieur Informatique option 2016 et je cherche un emploi à l'étranger pour développer mon carrière, si un marocain ou marocaine qui vit au canada peut m'aider, svp veuillez me contacter, j'ai besoin de votre aide.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook