Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccan Londoners
e
19 February 2007 22:42
Hello,

I lived in France with my famly but I from Morocco...

I am going to London for to learn English...

I am in london 1 month ago and I want to speak with nice people smiling smiley

See you

Jamila
s
19 February 2007 23:19
hi everybody and jamila

I'm in the same case, I'm living Paris sad smiley
for London in order to improve my poor level of English
hahha

In fact i'm writing to you to get some information about
the bank I should choose....
I suppose that you'll tell me to choose HSBC? no?
B
20 February 2007 01:22
Hi everybody,

Do you accept new Londoner (Moroccan of course ;-) )?
well just to say that I am also in Paris ( quelle coincidence!!!) and Gonna work in London ...
Hard to prepare all the stuffs I am going crazy ....

Salam Everybody and Take care ;-)

Beldi Puro!
m
20 February 2007 17:53
there are quite a lot of morrocans living around the queens way area, come to the mamounia lounge in queensway and you will see smiling smiley
s
20 February 2007 20:42
if you want to exercise your English, then don't hang around moroccans because you won't learn a thing...get to any college around where you will be staying and ask them that you want to enrol in English Speaking of Other Languages classes(ESOL) - depends what level you are but anyway, they will do a diagnosis for you before starting...let me know if you need more info
M
22 February 2007 13:07
Hi All,

Sorry i've opened this post and deserted it lol!! been quite busy at work lately and just got a chance to come here and i'm pleasantly surprised with the number of responses! didn't know there were so many moroccans in here, in this case where are you hiding guys??? i've never met a single one!! lol

Those of you who are new to the city if you need any help or information just drop me a line and i'll be happy to help

Minnie
R
14 December 2008 22:58
salam alykom,ana rash men casablanca 04 ana ka nayche fi italia...
o bghayt njy naiche fi london,arfin ache khasni ndyr???????????
allah yerham lwalidin!!!
ana ma nearaf nekteb inglese....
ana afham wa aktob italy maroc
salam alykom
ciao!
a
15 December 2008 11:46
ptdr alla, koon a3rafna kon jabna annace ta3 3aeeltna hna.
Welcome

kata3raf at3ooum akh7ouya

takh2dar tadkhol man irlanda
Chef
illa aandak awraq talian adkh7ol ka sa2eeh wa ahrag akh7ouya
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
a
15 December 2008 13:32
Khoya al casawi !
Il a 3andak passaporti chad Easyjet ou la Ryanair > mar7ba
Il a 3andak sejorno atlab al visa
Il mafik matsada3 rasak dirha " akhribgiya " rak fahame al bidawi
a
24 December 2008 20:29
Hi Moroccan Londoners!
This is Manchester calling. I can assure you there is a lot of Moccans in Manchester and they are even nicer. Not from Larachi kind of thing. But I must add there some vey nice original Larichis I can assure you. Not the ones escaping from London though. ha! ha! ha!
a
24 December 2008 20:56
Hello Wajdia!
I am a Moroccan living NW of England,UK. I was educated in the American School in Morocco 40 years agoand all the American friends that I had then, they were very nice. How do you find USA now? Are the people still nice? I believe they have great respect for the Moroccans as a whole.
Please update me as my first choice was to go to America but my big brother took me to England instead. I can not complain though. Although it is much smaller than USA, it is nice and cosy and the people are still friendly regardless of the state of affaires.

Ta! Ta! and keep the chin up. Remember you are Marrochia and Wajdia. All my Wajdi friends are nice!
P
25 December 2008 14:07
Hi everyone,

What's up? smiling smiley

Gosh, loads of memories came back while I was reading this topic. I had a great time in the UK (especially in Leeds) sad smiley I wish I could start from scratch and enjoy my life.

London is also FANTASTIC...
S
26 January 2009 01:20
hiiii
my name is ahmed,i live in london zone 6 close to heathrow.i just wanted to know if there s moroccans that lives close to my area.it s only 2months that im here.
hope i can meet people from my country.
thanks
Ahmed
a
26 January 2009 14:02
Hi Ahmed & welcome,
There is a large Moroccan community in Slough & Berkshire in general
S
26 January 2009 22:54
thanks for the information atlasmagic.
safi ghanmchi l slough onbda n3ayat wa finkom a lmgharba.khrjo mn lma hhhhhhhhhhhh
thanks again
S
27 January 2009 12:50
salut
mes freres ana 7asel j ai pa d travail.i really need ur help and ur suggestions,plz matnsawnich
ana legal machi 7areg.
a
27 January 2009 18:32
Salam justme12!

You are most welcome to UK.

I do not know who is offering you a flat for £60 in London but the price is excellent. Please make sure you get a 6 Months contract and if you are asked for a deposit, make double sure that is returnable and it is mentioned in the Tenancy Agreement.
Good luck and God bless.
Bye.
t
5 February 2009 19:41
m
salam hi all any chleuh people here in london any one from the regions of agadir tiznit or guelmime???
s
10 February 2009 06:58
Assalamu3alikom,

Wa khoya suri Ash gha ngolik... c pas facile mais pas dificile... ila english dialak good your problem is sorted... what sort of work you looking for?

Rafiq
S
13 February 2009 04:19
3alikom salam
khouya rafik ana my english ca pass.ana dert test galo li khassni 12 weeks bach nakhod toefl,ya3ni niveau diali mzyan.o bnesba l job just anything ghi ndir chi haja o safi manb9ach galess.
et merci bzzaf sa7bi,il suffit annak 9riti msg diali o jawbtini.layhafdak
m
13 February 2009 12:38
salam

am a moroccan girl living in Manchester,i would like to meet some friends here as am getting insane

staying at home.am married but i wanna work here .have a degree in english liter and linguis but i dont

know wich opportunities are there for me .am lost.pleeeeeeeeeez help.Thanks in advance
d
13 February 2009 20:09
salam 3likom
my brothers and sister i hope you doing well, my name is abdel.im 32 years old. just wanted to say i been living in london for the past 11 years and i dont know that many morocan over here. hope to make some friends from my country. wasalam 3likom
s
13 February 2009 20:54
Khoya Suri,

The best you can do as a start is cleaning or catering. These are the easiest to get and good for a start, you will also practice your English while working. I have been through the same process when I came to this country first on 2002 to study. Their is an agency called "plan personel". it is everywhere in london so try it brother. I also suggest "agencycentral". I hope this helps.

Rafiq
S
13 February 2009 23:00
salam alikom
thanks alot brother Rafiq for the help,i'll try that agency and i'll let you know as soon as possible inshalah.
hope the best for you all brothers and sisters.
thanks again rafiq and hope we can keep in touch.

Ahmed
a
13 February 2009 23:27
Dont dispair mismash!
At least you are married nad got a husband. Some of your sisters have not got a husband or a job. If you wish to meet your Moroccan sisters, you only have to go to the mosque. Alhamdulilah, there sre some good sisters that are still proud of being Moroccan and do not camouflage themselves with other nationalities and pretend to speak fusha with a Egyptian, Libyan Syrian, Iraqi accent. Anything but Morocan accent. My advise is avoid those. They are false. Anyone that is not proud of their nationality is false. if they can sell their nationality so cheap, just imagine what they'll do to you.
Take care and be proud of being Moroccan. A
s
14 February 2009 15:39
Asslamu3alaykom,
being married in this country appears to me a must.. going to the mosque is always the best idea to meet people. But don't you see that the beauty of being in this country is that we can meet with anyone and be friend with anyone. The only reaon why you try speeking other accents is that they won't understand our own language at all.. We try but no way!!! so I don't see any problem with mixing up.
s
14 February 2009 15:52
brothers and sisters assalamu3alaykom,

Any of you drives to morocco on summer? Last year, I have driven from London through france, spain to morocco. It killed me, 3 days on the roads....!! I thought this year to take a ferry to spain(Bilbao or santander) and than drive spain only. I guess it will work out more expensive, but this will reduce the driving distance and time by 50 % .
Any other suggestions?

Rafiq
a
14 February 2009 16:32
Assalam Ulaikum superraf!
I sypathise with you bro. I did try this journey too and I'll never do it again. Especially with my children. They did suffer a lot of sleepless nights. Adding to it, the car was full of stuff for my family and we could not stay in hotels with so much luggage.

Santader although expensive it is perhaps the most logical root.

There is another root and it is from Set in France but this root is even more expensive but once you have got in the boat, it is like being i Morocco already. They welcome you and thre is a lot of entrtainmnent for all.
Good luck bro and kiss the land for me. Proud of you!
m
14 February 2009 22:42
salam

thanks for replying brother rafiq and Amazigh 01

Actually i find it difficult coz iv been here only a year.any way, you both right about the mosque.

i went there for a Quran exhibition here in Manchester and I met some Arabs and may be one Moroccan

woman but my problem is that I really wanna work and have friends that way and integrate well.IV never

been so bored in my life as I am here .Iv always been active in Morocco here and there .Any suggestions

on how to find a job that would

help me get out of my depression and despair here.and the weather

makes it worse for me.evilSOS
S
15 February 2009 00:31
salamo alikom
nariiiii 1 an kolla howa o mazala ma walefti hhhhhhh.et ach ghangoul ana li ghi yallah 3 mois bach jit?mais saraha wllah ta waleft hnaya meme si j pa encore trouver un job au moins kankhroj kantsara 3ta lah maytchaf f london.
khti daba tkhadmi hta tla3 lik frassek lol
bonne chance
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook