Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccan Londoners
M
11 December 2006 13:22
Hi everyone,

Are there any moroccans from London here?

If so, would love to know them. Thanks smiling smiley

Minnie
b
12 December 2006 16:14
Hi there,

I'm morrocan living in london since 2004. We can get in touch if you re interested.
M
13 December 2006 11:28
Hi there,

Nice to hear from you!! i almost lost hope to find any moroccans living in London!

I've been here since 2001.

So do you like living here?

Are you a student or working?
m
13 December 2006 11:41
PM please
M
13 December 2006 13:04
Hi Krim,

Sorry didn't get that! what do you mean by PM?
m
13 December 2006 13:27
You can send private message to bled-in-heart to arrange a meeting or whatever.
You need just to click on his name to send a PM.
take care
M
13 December 2006 14:12
I haven't suggested a meeting or anything ot the sort. My questions are general and can be asked in any public forum. This subject is open for all to discuss, share their exprience and thoughts on living in London that's all.
b
13 December 2006 20:05
Hi,

I'm sorry if my post was a bit confusing. To answer your questions, I ve been working in London for 2 years. I can't say I like or do not like London, because I used to live in Paris in France. It s more shiny, people less cold. The only problem over there is finding a JOB. Otherwise, I love Paris.
What about you all?

regards
l
15 December 2006 13:06
Hi guys, I am also Moroccan living in London
b
18 December 2006 11:14
Hey,

Pleased to here from you. I m living in walthamstow area (North east of London) where morrocans are really rare. I also lived for 6 months in the north kensington area (golborne road) which is well known for its big moroccan community, but to be fair I did not like it at all, because of a huge number of moroccan drug consumers and dealers. So, my question (to you all londoners!) is : Where do you live in london, and what is your opinion of your place?

Regards
l
18 December 2006 12:57
hi Bled-in-Heart

please send me a PM

thanks
M
18 December 2006 13:33
Hi, nice to hear from you!

So you moved from Paris then! that must've been quite a change. I know Paris very well and it's true that it's warmer, sunnier and even prettier than London. However,poeple in Paris are not as relaxed, funny and warm as the pepole in London, which is ironic as English people are known to be cold and distant but in reality they are not at all smiling smiley well at least this is the impression i've got after living 5 years in the UK and meeting people from all over the country, though my best friends are all French.

To answer your question, i live in Surrey in South West London but work in the city. I quite like living there as it's a bit rural and you get to breathe some nice air. I like being in the City but just feel claustrophobic if i spend a long time there.

Take care
r
5 January 2007 00:14
hya everyone.
i lived in london for the past 18 years,and it is complitly different than the rest of europ except spain,i meet all defferent nationalities from across the world,but beeing frensh is not the person you wanna be followed by italien according to any traveller across europ,attitude is defferent,there is a strange unrest in france,at list here you can wear what you like at work on the street,even take holiday when your own religion state a such holiday,you can have your self confidance working the way you wanna look or dress up or even go to school with your prefered outlook,with hijab scarf,beard,,,,,
in france big audacity to do so,i lived there,italy,belgium,spain, us... london so far is more relaxed about defferent culture beeing on sole.
w
5 January 2007 03:09
hello everybody,
i'm moroccan living in u.s(tm)
M
5 January 2007 13:08
Hi rial and wajdia winking smiley

rial i totally agree with you about the fact that London is much more relaxed and allows you more freedom than any other place.

Take care

Minnie
M
5 January 2007 13:17
By the way wajdia forgot to mention i am wajdia as well (tm)

Hso how do u like it in the US?
G
5 January 2007 18:04
Morrocan living in London!!!!
h
8 January 2007 22:57
Assalam Ailakum all

In London, we don't have realy good moroccans restaurants in London and if anyone of you came across a good one (try & tested and very happy with their tagines), please spread the word. Chokran bizaf in advance
r
8 January 2007 23:45
hya every one
you got to be kidding me?no descent moroccan restaurant,all in queensway,windsor,piccadily,west london,so many and you can t see them,may i take you on tour and i ll entertain you.obviously there is more lebanse but moroccan is krippling behind,same as iranien and iraki .
r
8 January 2007 23:49
oh by the way if you re in portobello after friday prayer,or saturday you woult think you re in bled 100% so if you re home sick just pop in on saturday afternoon and see theatmosphere maybe on the good day you can pass a massage on the tv programme atlas or biladi hahahaha
d
15 January 2007 22:45
salam ou3alikoum

I've lived in the Uk for a year and been to london few times, and currently live in paris nowadays.
I have to admit i prefer london to paris because people are warmer: weird, huh, to say so but i find it more cosmopolitan. It's a lively atmosphere though there are many advantages to paris.
plus, i find london greener ( much more parks than in paris) and the tongue is beautiful.

take care you all

regards.
m
21 January 2007 12:20
Minniemouse
By the way wajdia forgot to mention i am wajdia as well (tm)

Hso how do u like it in the US?

I really want to know how is it to live in the united states and being a muslim? Because I am so disgusted by the american politiques that i think i will never put a foot in ths country!!!!
o
21 January 2007 19:58
HI, anuone on line
n
2 February 2007 21:37
hi i just wanted to tell you that this sit is too nice but the bigest that i have no friend here
t
4 February 2007 22:43
Hi,
I'm morrocan from France in London.At this time,I 'm in south Kengsington ,french area.I would be happy to know you.
Bye
t
4 February 2007 22:52
Hi,
any morrocans in central london.I live among all the origins exept mine.That's why I would be nice to know morrocans.At this time ,I am in South Kengsington.I'm from France.
Bye
l
5 February 2007 14:48
hi Tessaa

i've sent you a MP smiling smiley
e
9 February 2007 13:57
Salam alykoum
I'm form Casablanca I used to live in London. No I'm in Buckinghamshire.
I know quiet few people in London and elswhere.
I try to go London every weekend to catch up with my friends.
Have a good weekend Guys and careful with the snow.
Take care
Cheers
Apo
j
12 February 2007 18:19
I'm Rachid 34 years old, Belgian and my origin is Moroccan,living in Blegium

Is there a possibilty to have a room with brothers in London for few months.

GOD bless all of us
j
19 February 2007 13:20
By the end of this month I'll be in London and that'll be great to meet some of you all of you to give me a hand to improve my english and I'll teach you french, arabic or german

I've found a room by internet , I called the person to have information about price and condition. 60 pounds per week the palce he said (15 min by tube to center)
Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook