Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccan involvment in london bombings, true fact or illusions ?
l
9 July 2005 21:51
LONDON (Reuters) - A Moroccan widely named in media reports as a possible suspect in the London bombings appeared on Al Jazeera television on Saturday to declare his innocence and deny he was on the run.

Mohammed al-Qarbouzy told the Arabic station: "I affirm that I am not in hiding or on the run and the British police are not looking for me because they know where I live and my address."

The Moroccan spoke out after a flurry of British and international press reports saying police across Europe were searching for him in connection with Thursday's bombings, which killed more than 50 people in the British capital.

He was interviewed in Al Jazeera's London studio, with the landmark Big Ben clock tower visible in the background, and shown with his face blacked out. The channel said this was at Qarbouzy's request.

Referring to media allegations that he was involved in last year's Madrid train bombings, Qarbouzy said: "I also affirm that there is no official accusation against me from Spanish authorities about any event."

He added: "The papers are publishing false rumours about me and I beg them all to stop".

Police have declined to comment on the identities of any suspects in Thursday's bomb attacks on three underground trains and a bus.

Three Islamic militant groups claimed responsibility, and while none of the claims have been verified, British officials said the blasts bore the hallmarks of al Qaeda.

Any comments ? is that going to ruin our existance overseas ?
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
v
9 July 2005 23:22
This question was put to the Metropolitan Police spokesman at a press conference this afternoon. The response was non-commital - as one would expect at this early stage in the investigations. As long as you are not one of the perpetrators of these heinous acts you have nothing to fear, any of you. I would add that if anyone has any information that may help the investigation to bring these 'people' to justice, please pass it on to the authorities.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook