Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Moroccan Community in uk and Scotland
29 October 2008 23:45
Salam Everybody,
My name is Mohamed Bouchkal from Edinburgh Scotland, I'm a radio presenter of a Moroccan program in a community radio in edinburgh called LEITH FM, every thursday evening from 7pm until 8:30, its all about the Moroccan and north african music and talks about the Moroccan community essues.
you can listen around the world on : www.leithfm.co.uk
so I want to do a big Moroccan program about Moroccan community integration and life style in the uk,
so if there's anyone out there with some more information, and i want to interview a few Moroccan people on the phone, also I'm looking for some statistics how many Moroccans live in the uk.
please get in touch with me on: [email protected]
Thank you all.
a
30 October 2008 11:49
MoMo

Many thanks for the invite & well done for talking about the north African community .
I believe for the statistic you better approach the home office to get the infos as i doubt if the office of statistics have such infos ,the consulate could give you a rough estimate as not all Moroccans are registered + the illegal immigrants are never counted .
Please see what's NABA started working on few years ago & no Moroccan association joined them we were forced to represent the Moroccan in their meetings & no NABA is dormant too .

[www.naba.org.uk]
h
30 October 2008 22:05
Check this website. I hope it helps.
Well done

www.moroccanmemories.org.uk
P
31 October 2008 06:09
mbouchkal
Salam Everybody,
My name is Mohamed Bouchkal from Edinburgh Scotland, I'm a radio presenter of a Moroccan program in a community radio in edinburgh called LEITH FM, every thursday evening from 7pm until 8:30, its all about the Moroccan and north african music and talks about the Moroccan community essues.
you can listen around the world on : www.leithfm.co.uk
so I want to do a big Moroccan program about Moroccan community integration and life style in the uk,
so if there's anyone out there with some more information, and i want to interview a few Moroccan people on the phone, also I'm looking for some statistics how many Moroccans live in the uk.
please get in touch with me on: [email protected]
Thank you all.

Salam,

Your idea is BRILLIANTthumbs up Soubhannallah, I was wondering a week ago if there's any Moroccan community in Edinburgh and how important it is...
I will be happy to help and answer your questions. smiling smiley
Cheers mate.

Kindest regards
M
10 August 2012 17:20
Hi everybody!

I'm new in town (Edinburgh) and just want to know if this topic is still operating. In other words, is there a kind of moroccan community in Edinburgh? And mbouchkal are you still presenting your program?

Best,
d
26 October 2016 09:09
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any Moroccan people in Brighton, UK? Or around?

I am looking for someone to teach me the Darija.

If someone can help me, do not hesitate to contact me

thank you very much

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook