Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Mariage a une Marocaine-fille unique
A
16 août 2011 11:04
Je vais ecrire en anglais et aussi en francais.

If you can, please respond in English. Si vous pouvez, repondez en Anglais. (quelq'un m'a aider pour l'ecrire en francais)

I'm an american recent convert to Islam and I want to know what to expect if I want to marry a Moroccan woman. How do I approach her Wali or father?
How much dowry is expected?
How do I organize all of this?

Her family is very strict and she is only child.

Je suis un american qui vient de convertir a L'islam. Je veux savoir à quoi s'attendre si je veux épouser une femme marocaine.
Comment j'approche son Wali ou Pere?
Combien de Dot je dois donner?
Comment est-ce que j'organise tout ca?

Sa famille est stricte et elle est fille unique.
S
16 août 2011 11:56
firstly, congratulations!
If you want to marry a Moroccan woman, you must go to see her parents with yours if you can. You will talk about the date of your marriage if they accept et about the dowry and her account.

Jespere que mon anglais a été compréhensible lol
m
16 août 2011 12:13
how did you met this girl?

the girl is also interested to marry you?
16 août 2011 12:57
just be carreful
A
16 août 2011 13:00
Citation
lallaboya a écrit:
just be carreful

Good answer
Sourate 82
I
16 août 2011 13:18
Ta future épouse peut t´expliquer tout les démarches à faire et les traditions de ses origines, elle est marocaine non ?
A
17 août 2011 03:07
So is there an amount of Dowry to give? a miminum? maximum? I want to prepare.

We both live in America, so if we fly to Morocco to meet her dad, what if he says No? what do I do?

Thank you all for your help
m
17 août 2011 05:58
Citation
AmericanMan a écrit:
So is there an amount of Dowry to give? a miminum? maximum? I want to prepare.

We both live in America, so if we fly to Morocco to meet her dad, what if he says No? what do I do?

Thank you all for your help

your girl doesn't phone her family in morocco , she can't explain to her father or brother or mother her situation with you.

if she never didn't say to theirs, it's sure that she knows already her family will have some opposition to the marriage.

dowry in morocco for middle class in morocco is between " 1000 dollars and 2000 dollars"
A
18 août 2011 01:06
well her and her family have NEVER talked about marriage. She talks to them, but has to hide a lot of stuff from them. like her whereabouts, what she is doing, and I am new to this. I come from a culture where it's ok to be girlfriend and boyfriend, but I know this is not permissible in hers.

She feels that her dad might not like me because of how much money I make. Because her dad makes 3 times more money than me. He always tells her that she must marry a man who can take care of her once he dies and spoil her. She doesn't care for the money, and likes living normal unlike her father.

Also because I am a Black american, ex-christian with a Christian name... even though I am now a Muslim alhamdulillah. Not sure how he would react to it, but I'm worried.

She loves her mother, and has a shaky relationship with her dad. But somehow, her mother is very strict too. She once told her mom she wanted to get married to a man in the past, and her mom rejected immediately without even meeting the guy.

I'm not sure if this is because she is an Only child, that they are protecting her, but she hasn't lived with them for 7 years now.

also for the ones worried, don't worry, she's an American citizen, and not after my money. we've been together for a while now.
m
20 août 2011 16:13
your beloved will have to go to his own home in Morocco. then it must explain to his parents about the aspirations and choices that she wants to do in family life

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook