Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
the magic jack
u
9 January 2009 00:12
hi everyone,
for those who live in the US or Canada..have you tried the magic jack(the internet phone) to call ur family back home?is it good?how does it work?
9 January 2009 01:26
yes I do have one at home and my family in Morocco and my husband's family too, it's good and it's worth it to get,
we paid $19.99 for the whole year and there is no bill each month,evil go for it, it's goodsmiling smiley thumbs up
A Tanja ya 3aleya... 3aleya be sewariha....aye layellah...
u
11 January 2009 22:39
thanks for takng time to answer my qst
ill go for it,3la hsabek winking smiley
11 January 2009 23:49
you're welcome, wakha lalla 3la hesabismiling smiley my husband's family in US and my family too, we all have it. no bill each month, you pay once a year that's all and now they have promotion now for 4 years $59.95 or for 1 year $19.95. choose which plan you want?
bye,
a
12 January 2009 17:10
Is it only over there? how about Europe any deals part from the stupid phonecards?
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
a
12 January 2009 18:01
Yes adds i did email them tru the website but no reply yet .......
u
12 January 2009 23:43
yes adds only usa and canada..if you have family or friends there and both of u have the magic jack you can call them for free
13 January 2009 05:01
adds
Is it only over there? how about Europe any deals part from the stupid phonecards?

unfortunately yes, just for US and Canada, and it's a good dealsmiling smiley no bill no charges nothing, you can call Morocco anytime any day without paying anythingsmiling smiley
I think most Moroccan in US have it, I meant the people I knowsmiling smiley
k
13 January 2009 06:55
This really sounds interesting. I went to their website and could not find any specific information on how to buy the jack. After a while I came across news videos and understood a little bit better. However, when I checked for international calls, I foud out you have to buy pre-paid minutes and that for Morocco it's 23 cents a mimute.
How do you call Morocco for free?

k.
V
13 January 2009 14:06
Salam Koutiko

To call Morocco for free, you need to set up another magicJack in Morocco...My best friend has that set up with his family, and they talk all the time just like they are both in US.

If you are still looking where to buy it, check out the store Best Buy, they have it and it costs $39 that includes the first year fee...and like someone else said before, you can upgrade to 5 years for $59

it is basically plug and play...

Hope that helps...and good luck
13 January 2009 15:08
Exactely as you said, your family needs to have one too, it means one for you in US and one for them in Morocco and the people who live in Morocco , they have the phone number US too, when you call Morocco it's like you're calling US, both of you have the same American number not exactely the same but approximatly, eg, 718-xxx-yyyy.
a
13 January 2009 16:18
Thanks all for the info.
Atlas hi, May be not arrived here yet as British telecom still holds the monopoly.Even cable and wireless company couldn't take over some UK areas really bizzar.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
k
14 January 2009 03:33
Thanks so much Vagabondo and NYorkaise. This sounded just too good to be true, and if it were not for you guys, I would have ignored the ad for magicjack! So thanks again!
k.
14 January 2009 19:17
You're welcomesmiling smiley trust me I have one and my whole family have it too, in US and Morocco, we can talk anytime any days as I said, no charge and non bills:0, now it's almost a year that I have it and now I have to renew it againsmiling smiley
go for it girlthumbs up
k
15 January 2009 04:26
I am planning to get one at Best Buy. I think it is worth buying in a store so that you can return it if there is any problem although I feel I am going to love it smiling smiley. I hear that the company does not have telephone agents or just a phone number for that matter. This is the best post I read on this site !!!!!!
k
b
15 January 2009 05:59
if this magic Gizmo requires two computers, then what is the difference betweet it and Hotmail messenger? actually hotmail is much easier and does not require anything..
V
15 January 2009 13:53
Salam bikhor:

the MagicJack is an interface that lets you use a physical phone(any phone)...
-it gives you a real US/Canada phone number ( with 911 feature and may be some other)
-You can call any regular phone or cell phone (within the US and Canada)
-and when you travel anywhere any the world, as long as you can connect to the internet, you can connect with your friends and family back in the US/Canada on their Cell phones or home phone...and they don't need a computer.

-You can just have one set up back in Morocco for example...and use your regular phone back in the US/Canada.

hope that helps!
Je ne suis qu' un pauvre Vagabond, et comme je ne sais jamais ou je vais, je suis certain que je serai toujours la et en temps.....
C
19 January 2009 01:33
Salam brothers and sisters, Thank you sooo much for ur help thumbs up i was really hesitant towards buying this majic jack, but now for suuuure i'd go for it. just one question pllllz how did u guys shipped the magic jack to Morocco, was it thru sombdy or via fedex, DHl??? thanksss and may ALLAH bless u All smiling smiley
19 January 2009 02:01
Christina
Salam brothers and sisters, Thank you sooo much for ur help thumbs up i was really hesitant towards buying this majic jack, but now for suuuure i'd go for it. just one question pllllz how did u guys shipped the magic jack to Morocco, was it thru sombdy or via fedex, DHl??? thanksss and may ALLAH bless u All smiling smiley

you're very welcomesmiling smiley
for me my parents took it with them and for my husband's family, my brother in law did it, I prefer this kind of shipment for overseaswinking smiley
C
19 January 2009 04:16
Thank you dear sister, thats so nice of you. Actually i also prefer this kind of shipment, cuz u make sure that the family would get it without any problems or delays. Thanks again for ur quick response thumbs up
19 January 2009 15:22
Christina
Thank you dear sister, thats so nice of you. Actually i also prefer this kind of shipment, cuz u make sure that the family would get it without any problems or delays. Thanks again for ur quick response thumbs up
you're very welcome
j
26 July 2009 16:56
Salam to all,

Well, it seems that Magicjack is no longer working in Marocco since July 17, 2009. I used to call my fiancee over there everyday but it is no longer working. A friend of my fiancee told her the same thing happened with her family as well.

You may want to think twice before buying the magicjack to send to Marocco.

At least, we used it for 4 months. Amdoula, my finace will be in the US very soon.

Do you guys think that it is Menara that is blocking magicjack?
s
28 July 2009 16:54
hold onj a second what do you mean by magicjack????Heu
B
29 July 2009 21:20
it's amazingly amazing , most people I know used Vonage and they all switched to Magic Jack .
B
29 July 2009 21:29
koutiko,
the cheapest way to call Morocco or any Country worldwide is
Optimum (500 mins for 50 Dollars ) thumbs up
s
30 July 2009 11:02
well you still didnt tell us what is it exactlyHeu
b
25 July 2011 12:21
j'ai la solution pour résoudre le problém de magc jack et voip.....

téléphone: +212633192326
email: [email protected]

ca marche 100/100..

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook