Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
feeling cold
r
15 September 2007 15:15
i am not sure about you guys , but i am dreading winter, the cold really gets to me , my feet gets really cold from october until Mai :0confused smiley i see people wearing little tops and shorts in november and me i have to have a big jacket on , people say 20 degree it is very warm , for me anything below 20 i feel cold i want to double check with you if you feel the same because may be we are originally from a warm climate 20 degre is not considered warm enough ???????
i love the sun , and the light thats what i miss about Morocco .moody smileymoody smileymoody smileymoody smiley
M
15 September 2007 15:53
Hi rosette, cheer up, summer's back! smiling smiley

i don't think your case is unique. In fact, i used to be just like you when i first came to the UK, 6 years ago. I lived 4 years in Manchester, that's like 10 times colder than London and the first 2 years I seriously considered going back to Morocco! I never put a skirt on even when temperatures were 25 degrees, it still felt cold to me and my friends used to tease me constantly because of this. few years down the line, i became completely the opposite! i can't stand heat now and if i go to Morocco in the summer, i become sick and i never ever sleep at night. Now that i live in London, i rarely wear a wool jumper, i wear a big heavy coat in winter and under i have a light cotton jumper and sometimes a t-shirt, especially when they start putting the heater at work. i still find it amazing how i adapted to the weather in this country but my biggest achievement is that i rarely have the flu in winter now! used to have 4 or 5 bad ones in Morocco!!
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
r
15 September 2007 18:22
minnie mouse, i am here 10 years eye popping smileyeye popping smiley, i am happy in summer but winter it gets to me , specially after christmas january and february they seem very long , cold, the garden looks dead, no colours , no bluebellssmiling smileyi hate scraping the ice from my car windows early mornings , everybody is wearing black , there is no brightness
it does get me down i even visited my GP and he told me it is normal some people do suffer from this even poeple who are born here, he told me to excercice a lot and i bought some special glasses they are yellow i wear them sometimes at home they show everything sunny smiling smiley
i eat some nice chocolat to cheer me up smiling smileyand think of the next summer tongue sticking out smiley
i just hate winter , my favourite place in winter is to sit very close to the fire place ,i am winging already about it , i always take 2 weeks holiday on the begining of february to break the long winter months and it does help alot
one thing i noticed even though i like warm weather i can t sit in the sun it stated recently to cause me heat rush on my arms and i always has to use high uv sun lotion
anyway sorry for the winging , i feel better nowsmiling smiley
a
15 September 2007 18:57
rosette1

I think i hear you here i hate the winter not becauce of the cold ,the short days ,long night ,no light ,we miss the sun & this i think affect the mood ,when the sun is shine we all happy & bubbly & full of life but when its foggy & cloudy we feel down & depressed .............

On other side i hate it when its too hot like back home this summer its was hell AC on all the time & i hate that too , i like it cold but sunny in the winter & hot with a nice breeze in the evening ....i 'am not asking for much ...........last December in Morocco its was perfect 26 degrees day time with at least 6 hours sun shine & cold & crispy in the evening ..........Viva the Atlas mountains
b
26 September 2007 01:21
HI rosette,

I have that, too. In holland its cold and rainy and in the winter it gets dark at about 4 o clock...Depressing, I know. I also wish it was summer al over again...I wanna go to morocco!

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook