Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Our Consulate in New York
b
5 February 2008 21:39
I always sympathize with the yabis when they write about their negative experiences with Moroccan consulates around the world. I, like the majority here have seen how Moroccan administration works and suffered my part from their luck of professionalism. But just like we stop and write the negative, we should stop and write when we see the positive and let the ones behind it know.
I visited the New York consulate today to acquire about a procuration, or a certificate of power of attorney and I was amazed with how fast and professional the consulate employees were. Trust me, I know a good customer service when I see one, and these people were wonderful, to a point where I even applied for a consulate card and a new Moroccan ID card, two of which I never really needed. I watched as they talked to people, and listened as they addressed them, they were all the time respectful and pro and yes it made me feel good to see that.

To all three who assisted me a big thank you for good customer service, you made me proud today to be Moroccan, you are good representative of of our country and you are amongst hadouk li kayhamrou lina lewjah, “MACHI BETSERFIQ”, but with your professionalism.
Thank you,
Mohamed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2008 01:06 by bikhor.
s
5 February 2008 21:50
Plz visite the Moroccan Consulates in the Netherlands, you will change your mind in one sec. They never answer the phone calls, the Consulate are dirty, look very poor. The PC look very old, green monitors.

If you look from the windons, you see them gardens, its a shame what you see, it looks like a jungle and you see a lot of garbage, the building needs a renovation.
M
7 February 2008 17:29
Hi bikhor, I'm glad to read such a nice and positive comment about our fellow administrative clerks. You seem to have lived the nightmare at the Moroccan administration like the majority of us so I have no doubt that this consulate in NY performs a wonderful job which makes it stand out of the crowd. I just wish the other consulates can read you as well and get inspired...wishful thinking.

sbs2000, i think you missed the point. Bikhor knows and experienced the typical ordeal at the administration so no need to relate the tale again (and by the way the consulate in London is just the same or maybe worse) but we have to give Ceasar what is his and when you see a job well done it doesn't harm to praise it winking smiley
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
M
12 March 2008 11:14
Hey all, not sure if you noticed but you now can evaluate the Moroccan consulates and embassies of your residing countries. I think it's a good iniative to start with although we don't know if we will ever get any feedback but they said there will be statistics and analysis later...
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
12 March 2008 17:11
Add Washington DC consulate to that positive list. They are the most helpful and the nicest people I have met so far. I can't say the same thing about the ambassy though, although I have been there only once, so maybe it was just a bad day, and I cna't judge on only one experience.smiling smiley

bikhor
I always sympathize with the yabis when they write about their negative experiences with Moroccan consulates around the world. I, like the majority here have seen how Moroccan administration works and suffered my part from their luck of professionalism. But just like we stop and write the negative, we should stop and write when we see the positive and let the ones behind it know.
I visited the New York consulate today to acquire about a procuration, or a certificate of power of attorney and I was amazed with how fast and professional the consulate employees were. Trust me, I know a good customer service when I see one, and these people were wonderful, to a point where I even applied for a consulate card and a new Moroccan ID card, two of which I never really needed. I watched as they talked to people, and listened as they addressed them, they were all the time respectful and pro and yes it made me feel good to see that.

To all three who assisted me a big thank you for good customer service, you made me proud today to be Moroccan, you are good representative of of our country and you are amongst hadouk li kayhamrou lina lewjah, “MACHI BETSERFIQ”, but with your professionalism.
Thank you,
Mohamed
Y
13 March 2008 04:57
Some Bkhor they must have used to change from the nasty rude people they have been to great customer service: I am talking here about the NY and DC public servants! if they really are! I won't rate them even below par!!!! The folks who are in those places are either well connected and...and most have never worked in their life or appreciate that thing called work!!!

If anybody is making use of these stats, please hire the degree holders who need those jobs, instead of des fils a papa who who barely worked in their life. It is a shame to have to deal with Fake people here kissing up to the vise consul and such!

In short: the service has been mediocre and that's a high mark! To fix the problem, I switched just so I don't have to deal with the Moroccan administration in the States, which is an extension of that in Rabat and...One would think that, once in A Foreign country, les Pistons would cease! It is sickens me to see hard working people have to take off work and take a plane just to have un fils a papa shut the door or hung up the phone...I am just calling it the way it is. Proud to be Moroccan until the topic of Moroccan administration comes up. I have no respect for them! sorry to say. And this is not negative, it is a fact backed by real experiences!

This is not Rabat!!! Please free yourself from the mental bourgeoisie you're bringing here, there's enough baggage here!
13 March 2008 16:34
Yani,

I don't know weither they are fils a papa, as you said. But all I am saying is that they treated me with kindeness and professionalism, and rendered a quick service. I was surprised (in a nice way), because it is so rare to find that kind of responsability in our Moroccans, and that is why good experiences are really worth to be prised and mentioned, and those good people deserve to be given credit, so as to encourage others to follow on their steps.

have a nice day.
Y
14 March 2008 06:53
Racines:

Thanks for the response! I am with you in being positive and giving credit, except that I don't feel that's even warranted!!! These people ARE SUPPOSED to be NICE to you and to others! I feel you're making my point for me! We have gotten so accustomed to Poor service that now it is a miracle worth recognizing when we get something done at the consulate!... That's what they signed up for, to work and be nice to people. I guess I don't get this giving credit deal for an Expected service they are handsomely paid for, sounds to me like baby sitting and beggin for help! sort of like the Custom officer that's checking your pocket with a Frown on his head; as if he were doing you a favor, and the minute you thank him for not doing it!!!

Best to you
l
21 March 2008 04:09
maybe i nnewyork but the one in dc does not look like your description !
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
I
16 May 2008 14:46
Dear Mr. Bikhor;
I'm glad you had a good experience with our consulate. I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, You couldn't beat a compliment out of me or find a nice things to say about my experience there. Specifically a person that attended to my needs that where never resolved.

LOve always.
P.S. I just contacted an attorney from the civil liberty union to take charge of my complaint. After three years of waiting I ran out of patience.
a
21 May 2008 11:06
Big Brother was watching
Seriously, as Muslims we are supposed to have the best conduct and behaviour towards others. When one is winging about the service it’s only because it hurts so much to see our brothers and sisters miss treating each other as enemies.
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook