Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Chinese & Moroccans: the most movers on earth
m
25 September 2009 14:32
salam all,

almost 4 million Moroccans including illegal immigrants are scattered all over the world. many migrate mainly for economical reason seeking job opportunities and a better life others are adventurous and wish to experience a new life and a different atmosphere. Moroccans are the most movers because migrants’ rate is high if compared to Morocco’s population. unlike fifties, sixties and seventies, Moroccans versify their destination from traditional countries mainly European ones to a farthest countries and no one should be surprised nowadays to know that there are Moroccan communities in New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and even in Brazil, Argentina and Indonesia.
regarding over populated China, i still remember Mao tsee tung’s famous statement when he urged his people long time ago to seek for opportunities overseas in a mockery way saying that if all Chinese pass water at the same time then china will be flooded. China town is a small district of only Chinese community settling in all quarters of the world from California to Brisbane and from Tokyo to Auckland.
unlike many Moroccans, Chinese keep their tradition wherever they go. Old generation keep teaching their sons and grandsons cantonese and mandarin languages as well as Chinese culture and tradition. 80% of Chinese generation born overseas speak their native language and practice the culture and tradition of their ancestors.
f
25 September 2009 15:09
since the introduction of maximum one child to each family in China , a lot of chinese started moving to europe and UsA where they will be allowed to have a lot of children
N
26 September 2009 17:09
what about lebanon ?
m
27 September 2009 05:58
casatoulouse
what about lebanon ?

yes Lebanese migration as well but it was mainly caused by civil war unlike Moroccan & Chinese migration which’s is a voluntary one.
more than fifteen years of civil war have resulted in considerable compulsory displacement of ordinary Lebanese people. hundreds of thousands of Lebanese left their country, some as permanent emigrants; others for what they hoped would be temporary exile.
N
27 September 2009 07:08
voluntary? not really!
m
27 September 2009 09:35
casatoulouse
voluntary? not really!

i got what you mean grinning smiley
anyway let's call it a voluntary migration at least no one point his dagger to us asking us to vanish winking smiley
N
27 September 2009 09:40
maretranger
casatoulouse
voluntary? not really!

i got what you mean grinning smiley
anyway let's call it a voluntary migration at least no one point his dagger to us asking us to vanish winking smiley

not explicitly, then I say, wa llahou a3lam smiling smiley
m
27 September 2009 09:47
faisal28
since the introduction of maximum one child to each family in China , a lot of chinese started moving to europe and UsA where they will be allowed to have a lot of children

we don't move thousand of kilometers away from home just for the sake to have lots of children. moreover China already changed its regulation regarding the rule of maximum one child per family. before and as a concequence of this peculiar rule many Chinese couples decide to avort when the baby is scanned a girl. as a result sex genders is not balanced in China and male are dominant that's why China has changed its law recently. so in the comimg decades China will dominate the world by its expected fast growing populationOh.
N
27 September 2009 10:11
maretranger
faisal28

we don't move thousand of kilometers away from home just for the sake to have lots of children. moreover China already changed its regulation regarding the rule of maximum one child per family. before and as a concequence of this peculiar rule many Chinese couples decide to avort when the baby is scanned a girl. as a result sex genders is not balanced in China and male are dominant that's why China has changed its law recently. so in the comimg decades China will dominate the world by its expected fast growing populationOh.

what says the new law pls ?
k
27 September 2009 17:20
This one child policy is really sad tough perhaps necessary. I can't imagine not having uncles, ants or cousins at all.
k.
m
28 September 2009 10:06
casatoulouse
maretranger
faisal28

what says the new law pls ?

i’ve a Chinese colleague at work who reported what i stated above. however while looking for more info in the net i found out that the policy of 1 child is still going on but recently some provinces are likely to ban this policy and join the regions of Macau and Hong Kong who do not apply it. abuses in the enforcement of the policy that include forced sterilization, forced abortion, and possibly infanticide besides imbalanced gender leading to social instability are facts used by some Chinese province leaders in attempt to ban this policy.
shoud have made my research before posting my info but what to do, i trusted my colleague with eyes closed perplexe
sorry casatoulouse for the misinterpretation.
N
28 September 2009 13:49
no problem!

thank you, smiling smiley
k
29 September 2009 05:25
The one child policy does not apply all over the country. I know Chinese who have brothers and sisters. It depends where they are from. I also heard that the policy is changing and Chinese couples who have no siblings on either side, would be allowed to have more than one child.
k.
m
29 September 2009 07:58
you are most welcome casatoulouse Welcome
m
30 October 2012 05:35
That's true! I am a globetrotter and wherever I went I found at least one or two Moroccans. I think if I go to the moon, I probably find one Moroccan there two!
r
1 November 2012 14:12
Hi guys,

I went to kuala lumpur Malaysia on a trip for for few days and a Malaysian friend invited me to visit a remote small town where his family stays. This town is not known for tourism or any interesting activity so i said to myself that most probably no Moroccan landed in here before me. the next day my friend took me to an indian restaurant to have lunch and on the spot the waiter asked me where i came from?
Me: I am Moroccan.
The waiter: Waw.....hard luck.....just 2 minutes ago a Moroccan guy was having his lunch on the same table.....you could have a
chat with him mate!!!!
Me: "flabbergasted" I said to myself "long life fellow citizens, you are the best".

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook