Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Business opportunities
M
18 April 2008 12:17
Hi,

I've been thinking for a while about setting up a businees in London to sell Moroccan products but i'm not sure what sort of products would attract English consumers? Do you guys have any ideas? or maybe you are looking to do the same thing? I've seen some shops selling Moroccan traditional items such as Tajines, carpets etc in expensive areas like Wimbledon and Kensington but one of them has closed down recently so i guess that wasn't a good idea. I thought of Moroccan dresses (caftans) but would they be popular you think? how about food?
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw
H
18 April 2008 12:33
Hi Princess

Bissara would be a fantastic idea, with olive oil, Khobz Hrach and maybe some hard boiled eggs, the mixture is called bulletproof vest (gilet-pare-balles) in Marrakesh, no need for any winter clothes and success is garantied especially in some proletarian neighbourhood.. smoking smiley joking off course

seriously i always thought that Typically moroccan spices and natural herb(s) (not weed tongue sticking out smiley) would be a good idea, but i think that it is necessary to have a solid marketing vision beforhand, it is also abvious to do some real research and studies about spices in Morocco before..
"The true traveller is without goal, it is the absence of goals which creates the ultimate traveller."Gao Xingjian 'Soul Mountain'
a
18 April 2008 15:52
Minniemouse

As per Hicham food is a good start & herbs & spices are a very good idea also tiles & Moroccan furniture
but you need to know your product ,have a good suppliers & a good location in London for the laters for the species you could sell on line ...
If you need further details concerning tiles ect ...get in touch
Good luck
s
18 April 2008 21:49
I had a go myself 3 years ago and I sold mostly lamps. It is a long story why I didn't continue but there is a market for moroccan's made product. However, there are other niche markets that haven't been touched. If you are serious about doing business using moroccan's hand-made stuff, then you must think outside the box winking smiley. Just Ebay will give you an idea what things are selling fast. Get things that you can store at home, easy to send (not heavy),not fragile and cheap. Go for it...9 to 5 jobs is not going anywhere
F
18 April 2008 23:05
Salam every one,

Are there moroccan engineers whom are working in England in this forum?

I'm working now in France and i'm thinking to go work abroad specially in english speaking countries.

thank's
K
20 April 2008 18:46
Forlan95
Salam every one,

Are there moroccan engineers whom are working in England in this forum?

I'm working now in France and i'm thinking to go work abroad specially in english speaking countries.

thank's
I think you are a bit off topic m8

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2008 06:47 by Kutchia.
a
21 April 2008 11:38
Minnie, I would be very careful to start anything now while the UK market is not that stable. Anything to do with food is good and bad at the same time. There are lots of regulations you have to comply to now days in the food industry.
Start small and with a very small budget too.

Bet wishes from

\\\\\/////
Adidas Best wishes
M
23 April 2008 11:30
Hi and thank you all for your advices and suggestions!! Hicham and atlas, yes food business (not bissara though!! grinning smiley) is profitable and cannot go wrong especially in this country where people love to eat. But i've seen so many Moroccan shops selling cakes and traditional meals, most of them are terrible and don't do us proud at all but it would take a considerable amount of a time and money to convince people that our food is of a high standard just like French or Spanish cuisine for example. As for spices, i don't think we stand a chance next to the Indian spices, they are clearly dominating the market! but anyway, i'm not yet ready for that kind of investment, i'm not exacly loaded and i'm thinking to start really small as Adds suggested, maybe sell things online and take it from there...

Thanks again
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. George Bernard Shaw

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook