Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
The Arab League, what a shame!!!
a
25 March 2005 02:44
I followed the Arab league meeting in Algiers, live sometimes through internet, and by reading Arabic, French and English newspapers articles, and I can tell you, nothing has changed. Just like when I followed other meetings of this organization before, with long poetic speeches, reflecting the same old promises never fulfilled, and boring faces that all looked like they were dragged to come to Algiers by force. At the time when their oil money could turn the Arab world into paradise, and when to young people in this countries are full of creativity and energy, waiting for the chances to put their ideas to work, these leaders just sat there as usual, they just sat and read long speeches as usual, they just sat and ate the same food as usual, drank the same “drinks” and they sat and looked rich and fat as usual, they sat and insulted each other as usual, they read the same speeches their father and grandfathers read when the league was founded in Cairo in 1945. There’s so much work to do for the millions of people these guys supposedly “represent” What a shame! I can’t stand it any more!!! I want to scream so loud that their eardrums will hurt and may be they’ll wake and move to do something or let the people choose new leaders and have a say in fate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 02:49 by almotanabi.
Almot
Y
25 March 2005 05:57
Hi Almot;
Take it easy man! While your blood is boiling, their bank accounts are getting fatter and their kids' future is guarranteed! Who's gonna look out for you if you have a heart attack just because you care so much! I am with you and I'm sure so many others! It's a lost cause I hate to say. I watched some of the blabla too and can't add anything else. It's all fake and pretentious! One common element in the speeches is the long Intros!! the rest is not even one tenth!
Yani
m
25 March 2005 11:35
Hi Almot,
It is very sad and very hard to be an arab these days.
The arab summit is a meeting where you can see experts
in mediocrity ( Attakhassoss fiill Ghabaaae).
But Gaddafi was the highlight of alghabaaae.
I think the entropy still need to increase in order to have a change from a static KO´s to a dynamical one. With a dynamical KO´S we can become optimistic.
Now time is for sadness and anger.

Do not watch too much these these history garbages
Yalatif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 11:37 by Krim.
a
25 March 2005 15:26
My dear friends,
First let me thank you for your nice words,
We see the entire world moving toward prosperity and countries are getting together to form coalitions, we see other countries adopting real changes that are good for their populations, but we see no Arab country coming with some big changes or planning for the future, don’t get me wrong, I applaud the changes Morocco is trying to introduce, nonetheless, they remain small if what we want are real democratic steps and a bright future for our children.
One big thing these days that many Arab leaders hide behind when they’re asked about democracy is that it has to fit our culture, or well we’re Muslims and we have our kind of democracy, and that is bunch of baloney, nothing in a democratic system stops people from going to mosques to do their salaat, nothing in it say no more Eid El Kbir or Sghir or alike, but my friends, it does one bad thing that these people are afraid of, IT GIVES PEOPLE THE POWER to vote your “behind” out when you under perform or when you show that you’re not qualified, Islam is not against democracy, they are.

What will it take to make these changes in the Arab world?
Does anyone sees any way out of what brother Krim called (Attakhassoss fiill Ghabaaae)
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Almot
a
11 April 2005 12:08
"What will it take to make these changes in the Arab world?"

Well, Almot, changes will kick out some "fat dogs families" that are running the Arab world for centuries. The religion is there for the only reason to legitimise their place while consuming alcohol and prostitution more than anyone else with any faith or no faith at all.

And in any generation, the same old tricks will come over again: Incompetent and corrupted people running a country. If by any chance (or misfortune) you are a good muslim or just honest, you will probably be kicked off from any high position even if you are Einstein.
The country is not the main concern as far as it's not filling up their pockets in a short term period. The long term is a bit too complicated for narrow brains..
There is an evolution without any doubts, but it is so slow, that we need another twenty centuries to witness some real changes.

The reality is appalling, but that's what it is...
In this case, I just rely on the famous saying: "take it or leave it".

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook