Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Anyone struggling to have an EEA family member visa to his/her sister??
j
29 November 2008 01:06
Hello,
I'm moroccan with a French nationality, living in the UK since almost 5 years, my parents and little sister came to visit me with an EEa family member visa from Morocco.
My eldest sister would like to join us for the new year and christmas, she owns a business she'll have a 4 weeks vacations and would like to be here with us to have a family vacation.
She applied for the visa since Octobre, 30th, and still did not get an answer (that normally take one week maximum), the consulate motivation is that the europeen legislation is changing and the government asked the consulate to freeze all EEA visas?
Anyone having the same case? anyone got his visa after Octobre, 30th even a normal visitor visa?

Please help and advise.
Chokran
Jad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 01:07 by jadluton.
Merci.
w
29 November 2008 21:44
british embassy in Rabat is classifed as one of the most difficult embassies in the world to grant settlement visa , visit visa , student visas , it is number two after Tirana embassy in Albania
I don t think anyone in that embassy know anything about the European treaty immigration rules
on the paper it should be straightforward as you are exercising your rights as per the european directory but on practice rabat embassy started to put so many obstacles and rise so many issues so as not to grant any visas
The UK governement has no right to ask to freese the EEA visas because UK signed the treaty and agreeed the new regulation stated in the European directory 2004 ,
you need to question their answer to you and if neede your sister visa was refused or not accepted you can lodge an appeal with AIT i am sure you can win this wase easily the only down side is it takes six months to get the AIT deterlination to the embassy so as they issue her visa
i think this is just a lie if they told you that they stopped issuing this type of visa , try to visit UK Border agency website thats where they publish any news or any changes in the rules
ther is no mention of that in there
j
30 November 2008 11:24
Thank you so much for your answer that confirms my opinion, but we can not do anything for the moment as everytime I'm contacting them they say 'sorry we will get in touch with your sister when we have more news' it's a kind of weird stuff, to be honest I think it's due to the news papers lately, they don't stop saying that British consulates they grant visas easily and they prefer to give visa than refusing and trying to find a reason for the refusal + preparing docs for the appeal, and that htey don't take time to investigate.
So my conclusion is that Brown's government is trying to fake the statistics of this year (specailly now is the end of the year) so to show that they take time to study applications. It's wild world out there in consulates and statisctics.
Politics so unfair.
Is there a way by law to speed up this situation or they have the right to keep people waiting a they like?
I was trying to find the consul's email adresse but no way.
Cheers
Merci.
w
30 November 2008 16:26
Jadluton , i have a lot of experience dealing with Rabat Embassy, been dealing with allmost all their staff, they are employing there some really bad apples some indian guy who is always rude to everyone , and some moroccans women there who have no idea about anything
their emails are just a placebo pills to keep people quiet
ther is a lot of you can do : if i understood your sister submitted her application since 30 October and still no news from them , the delay need to be 5 weeks maximum so my advice: wait a week then phone them and ask to speak to the ECM = Entry Clearance Manager , if you can t get hold of him i suggest you fax them saying that ther is no mention of freesing EEA visas in UK border agency website or home office , also say that you phoned Home office and they confirmed this that they still issuing those type of visas if still no luck , i think you ask your local MP to get involved , MP s do have special access to British high commisions abroad, ask him to get involved and get the head of foreign office on their case
i did this so many times dealing with them and i was amazed how quick they reply once they spot a letter on the house of common headed paper signed by an MP

they are bloody useless i think they adopted the moroccan burcracy system which is very sad
j
1 December 2008 00:03
Thanks very very much
Merci.
j
9 December 2008 18:23
Hello all,
No similar cases?????????

Cheers
Merci.
M
1 March 2009 21:44
Salam Alaikum Jadlun

I came across your message as I was searching for info re EEA family visa to the UK from UK consulate in Rabat.
What is new since your last comment? Did you sister manage to obtain a visa?

I am planning to apply for a EEA family visa for my parents soon (same as you did for your parents). I am Moroccan but my wife is an EU citizen and visa application will be based on this. Is there any advice or info that you may provide me with?

Thanks
w
3 March 2009 10:54
Hi Marokinos,

for information about EEA visa check UK Border Agency website all the info is there
[www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk]
s
4 March 2009 13:03
Hi,
I have applied last week for my mother as EEA family member visa and she got it but she has to come back after 2 weeks to get her passport.
I think once you have a good professional situation and you have a convenient accommodation, all will be fine.
Just for you information, I have been only since last year in the UK.
Cheers
b
31 August 2013 19:13
im a moroccan citizen and im planing to apply for the EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA NEXT MONTH MY WIFE LIVES IN GUERNSEY THE CHANNEL ISLAND IHAVE FILL IN ALL THE FORM OF EEA FAMILY PERMIT AND IHAVE ALL THE PROVES THEY NEEDS IJUST WANNA JOIN MY WIFE COZ WE MARRIED FOR NEARLY 5YEARS AND IWANNA GO TO SEE HER AN MY OTHER FAMILY OVERTHERE AND IM SCARED COZ THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ITRY TO DO AN APLICATION IDONT KNOW HOW THINGS WORKS AND O THE NET THEY SAY THAT THERE IS NO FEE FOR THE EEA IM JUST SCARED TO GO THERE AND THEN THEY WILL ASK FOR MONEY DO U HAVE ANY IDEA FRIENDS/BROTHERS XXXX
a
13 April 2014 15:13
hi I m moroccan I bee refuse a uk visa as I apply for eea family permit I m married to irish citizen in uk in 2000 I have two kids age 11 and 2 years old.they have refuse my visa because was no evidence that my wife register job seeker in uk .I m not sure if I should appeal because I know the process will take long time . or to do a nwe application and submit more document

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook