Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
anyone from montreal ?
d
15 January 2007 23:01
salam ou3alikoum

I'm interested in Montreal, canada, would there be anyone from there?
if yes, can you tell me more about the town.
I've heard that the weather was awful and sooooooo cold, is it bearable as i come from the west of france where the temperature never goes below -2°.

thanks in advance for the answers
sincerely yours.
e
16 January 2007 17:48
You will be not lost in Montreal and be sure of it.

As the most visible minority now in Montreal, is Moroccan.
"
Jean Tallon , you will get the signal in an isotropic and "homogénéisé" WAY.

About the weather, I suggest to you an experience to see if you can handle the one of Montreal.

For 5 min, try to put your head into the fridge or the freezer, if you can stand it, so Montreal is yours!!!

Montreal is only Summer. Be there for Fun.

F.
d
17 January 2007 18:47
thx for answering...
for the weather, that's what i've heard. and, unfortunately I can' t stand it....
Am I in trouble?? well, i'll go there someday before I can make up my mind.
I hope hotels aren' t as expensive as in paris.

regards.
S
21 January 2007 16:38
Hi Folks, I am from mtl as well, right now the temperature is so freaking cold you would have no idea. bring a nice peer of gloves.
le crime ne paye pas, mais il occupe
k
25 January 2007 10:36
salam,
i am from montreal,and all i can tell is u'll be fine.the weather is not as cold and frosty as it used to be because of "el nino".in regard to the life style i believe that depends on how u want to live and what is your purpose of going to montreal.cote-des-neiges/saint michel and jean talon areas are good if you want to be around fellow countrymen.i am so sorry that i am not there anymore otherwise i would of showed around as now i live in melbourne australia.good luck to u and i wish u a happy maple leafing...(tm).
k
25 January 2007 10:39
i would like to meet with countrymen/women living in melbourne aussie..
d
25 January 2007 11:26
hello,
thanks for your reply it's comforting to have someone say good things on montreal.
i'm doing a first visit there before thinking of moving there, i have a job offer there.
i was said that the arab community was more important that one would think....that's something great to know too.
aussie? that's a long way from home brother. you must feel alone .good luck to you.
take care.

regards
k
26 January 2007 00:42
salam,
i wish u all the best in your move.and i hope u'll have a good and happy times in montreal.
but, i highly recommend vancouver if u like the beach,i lived over there for 5 years and i believe u r english is good to allow you to get by as it is the only language spoken there.
thanks for your u r concern about me been lonely here. all i can tell u is that i am not.....
because,i am sure that loneliness is a state of mind.i love the beach and the sun especially after all those winters spent at montreal it becomes depressing after a while (lack of sun=lack of serotonin=lack of life + hibernation) sorry to tell.but i lived it for years.......here as u might of heard is hot/sunny all year long.And without sounding boastfull the beach is two minutes a way from my house.and every time i feel nostalgic i go fishing on the pier or meet with my aussie friends at the local pub for drinks.it is kind of a ritual over here.
all the best to you.keep in touch.
regards,

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook