Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
'Permission' to marry in Morocco for women!
j
8 March 2010 17:07
Hi All,

I am about to marry my Moroccan fiance, she is 25 i am UK British Citizen, now my question is that does my fiance need permission to marry by her father? the lovcal police say so, but we think that this is not true, can someone pelase advise me on what the legal position is?

Jake
p
8 March 2010 19:17
since the introduction of the new law (Modawana ) moroccan women have the right to get married without the need of so called permission of (wali)
your fiance can marry you and sign the mariage certficat herself no need for anyone to sign on her behalf
ask any a3doul (the notaries in charge of mariages) in any moroccan court they will be able to confirm this
t
8 March 2010 19:29
the local police are ignorant ,the presence or signature of father or brother is not required
that used to be the case long time ago but not anymore

mabrook and congratulations grinning smiley
a
10 March 2010 01:16
No No permission is needed the light is green for up to four ladies. Just one technical problem you need to understand better; if you are uncircumcised I know an old imam in Baker Street who just sharpened his garden shears, he only charges Welcomea tena and you get to take with you the left over rapped in a bag of frozen peas. Danse
Adds adds jazz but never subtract music
n
10 March 2010 14:20
adds
No No permission is needed the light is green for up to four ladies. Just one technical problem you need to understand better; if you are uncircumcised I know an old imam in Baker Street who just sharpened his garden shears, he only charges Welcomea tena and you get to take with you the left over rapped in a bag of frozen peas. Danse

UP TO 4 LADIESeye popping smiley it s a mariage not buying kilos of tomatos

for your information mr adds :if you try to get married in morocco with more than one woman you will end up in prison , without the signature and the permission of the first wife and a judge marrying a second is illegal, you can run but you can t hide Clap

well done morocco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 02:26 by naughtymesmiling smiley.
f
10 March 2010 14:24
why a man would like to marry 4 wives ? the only reason i think he must be a pervert
i don t blame moroccan women marrying non moroccan

some wlad lablad worse than animals : savages Zen
v
10 March 2010 14:32
No permission is needed. However, I would strongly advice you to marry in the UK instead. If things don't work out (and I hope they do), at least you don't have to deal with the Moroccan judicial system.

Lots of luck.

V.
n
10 March 2010 19:29
she needs a settlement visa from UK embassy in morocco without it she won t be able to join her husband so marrying in morocco is a must .
a
12 March 2010 02:31
Jake,
You said she is 25 years old, how old are you? Send her your recent picture. Should you be anywhere above 45 go for an old mother; leave that child alone. If you are young start learning Moroccan first and learn ashahada .
t
12 March 2010 13:31
adds
Jake,
You said she is 25 years old, how old are you? Send her your recent picture. Should you be anywhere above 45 go for an old mother; leave that child alone. If you are young start learning Moroccan first and learn ashahada .

you are suffering from low self esteem mate grinning smileyr u jalous? perplexe

good luck Jake am i invited to the wedding?ptdr
N
12 March 2010 14:11
well, if you're not muslim then i don't think you'd be able to marry her religiously in morroco anyway ...

does she live in england as well? or did you 'meet' her online?

either way, her dad needs to approve of her wedding and also attend it!
♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫ ♪ ♥ ♫
a
23 March 2010 22:19
I think we have past that one noir, the child needs a visa, he still have his hat on, he told us he can’t manage four, he hasn’t learnt shahada yet, he hasn’t passed it either. the dad ma da ma jab, the child ba3ate wa shrate while he is playing dama.

Nice story though.

Hope everything goes well.
I d love wedding k3ayek3ate, do you need witnesses by any chance? ptdr
A
31 December 2012 17:08
I am married to a Moroccan am I married in England or not can anyone help thank you

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook